WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sixteen new NFC Forum members were unveiled today, including Nike and Avery Dennison RFID. The new member companies represent a variety of business-to-business and consumer markets and are located throughout the world. The NFC Forum has nearly 150-member organizations and is the world's leading standards and advocacy association for Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
The NFC Forum's newest members span a wide range of industries and products with a mix of established corporations and startup organizations across multiple consumer and business markets," said Paula Hunter, executive director, NFC Forum. "This healthy variety demonstrates the versatility of NFC, creates fertile ground to spark innovation and points toward the growing strength of the NFC ecosystem worldwide."
- Watch a two-minute video about NFC and the NFC Forum.
- See all the NFC Forum member companies.
- Learn more about NFC technology.
Through the work of its Committees and Working Groups, the NFC Forum empowers organizations to deliver secure, tap-based interactions with an intuitive, reliable experience to users around the globe.
The NFC Forum draws innovative member organizations from all regions of the globe reflecting the increasing worldwide interest in adoption and implementation of NFC technology. New members include:
Any organization using NFC or interested in learning more about NFC technology to improve their product, service or customer experience is encouraged to apply for NFC Forum membership. In addition to ongoing work via conference calls and online meetings, the NFC Forum holds face-to-face, member meetings three times a year to advance NFC initiatives and to address specifications, market requirements, and other projects under development.
About the NFC Forum
The NFC Forum (www.nfc-forum.org) was launched as a non-profit industry association in 2004 by leading mobile communications, semiconductor, and consumer electronics companies. The Forum's mission is to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology. The Forum's global member companies are currently developing specifications for a modular NFC device architecture, and protocols for interoperable data exchange and device-independent service delivery, device discovery, and device capability. The NFC Forum's Sponsor members, which hold seats on the Board of Directors, include leading players in key industries around the world. The Sponsor members are: Apple Inc., Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd., Google, Inc., Intel, MasterCard Worldwide, NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Visa Inc.
Other Barcode News:
- Zebra Releases 3Q17 Results
- SensorInsight Unveils its Agricultural Kits for Industrial and Urban Farming
- Century launches new RFID optical labels for the glasses management
- Leading Shipping Software for QuickBooks Provider Announces QuickBooks Connect Sponsorship
- Retail Automation Market Worth $19.17 Billion by 2025 | Grand View Research, Inc.
- Zebra Technologies To Testify During Senate Hearing On Iot Advancement
- 7-Eleven® Gives Unbanked Access to Online Shopping with Amazon Cash
- EnterWorks Participates in Webinar Focused on SmartLabel Program with Industry Leaders
- NuCurrent to Sponsor and Present at IDTechEx Show
- Digimarc Hosts Webinar Series on the Power of Connected Packaging Technology