Minneapolis (December 11, 2017) — Meyers, a national leader in brand marketing and high-end commercial printing, announced today that it has completed the sale of its sister company, Verify Brand. The acquisition of Verify Brand by Optel, the market leader in providing serialization for pharmaceutical products, demonstrates Optel’s belief that track-and-trace, item-level serialization will be at the forefront of anti-counterfeit measures.
Verify Brand pioneered the use of information technology to displace traditional, on-product security measures to provide brand protection and supply chain security. The original patented technology was invented at Meyers in 2004 by David Dillon, CEO and owner, and stemmed from expertise Meyers gained over 35 years providing serialization on products like Hormel Cure 81 ham labels.
“We saw the potential of this innovative technology to minimize counterfeiting and leveraged Meyers’ IT and software development expertise to create Verify Brand,” said Dillon. “This platform grew quickly and is currently used in 18 languages and 120 countries by many of the world’s largest brands on a wide variety of products, from coffee and scotch to computer components and pharmaceuticals.”
According to Dillon, the acquisition will expand the reach of the Meyers-developed cloud technology and continue to impact the safety and security of supply chains worldwide.
Meyers designs and manufactures innovative large-format graphics, displays, cards, labels and signage solutions for retail marketing. Their products can be found paired with the nation’s top brands at virtually every retail outlet in the country. Meyers’ commitment to collaboration, innovation, creative problem solving, and exceptional design allows the company to engineer solutions that keep clients one step ahead of their competition in the retail marketing space. To learn more, visit meyers.com or follow on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Other Barcode News:
- Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
- RELEX Solutions Recognized in 2017 RIS News Software Leaderboard
- SPOON GURU TAGS™ Opens Up Possibilities, Offers Relevance, Accuracy and Ease
- New Brazilian driving licence adopts CIPURSE™ specification from OSPT Alliance
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine Announces the 2017 Green Supply Chain Award Recipients
- Solaris Announces Acquisition of Railtronix – Expanding Supply Chain Digitalization Capabilities
- PING Consortium Wins Innovation Product Award at EFECS 2017
- Honeywell To Invest In Chinese Supply Chain Software Provider And Form A New Joint Venture
- Spinnaker a Recipient of SDCE Green Supply Chain Award for 2017 For 7th Consecutive Year
- New Online Payment Platform for Air Cargo Industry Imports in the U.S.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.