12 December 2017 – OSPT Alliance’s non-proprietary, open standard for secure transaction solutions, CIPURSE, has been specified for a new card based driving licence scheme in Brazil.
The project uses CIPURSE to protect a driver’s personal data, including a photograph and finger prints, for ID verification. The technology on the new card has many benefits including allowing law enforcement officers to read the data on the card via an NFC smartphone app, in any location, and quickly coordinate with other agencies across related systems. Additionally, banks can use fingerprint authentication to grant access to services and credit, and local public transportation solutions can also be implemented on the card.
Yannick Le Goff, President of the OSPT Alliance Board, explains: “CIPURSE was selected as it is a fast, easy to program, open and non-proprietary standard which is suitable for more than just transport. The advanced security mechanisms of the CIPURSE AES-128 based unique cryptographic protocol are ideal for ID functionality. Additionally, CIPURSE products can be read using standard NFC readers, meaning law enforcement officers can check documentation on the go wherever they are.”
66 million drivers in Brazil will be transitioned onto the new card based driving licence which was launched in Brasilia through the publication of a National Resolution (Specification) on 8 December as the country moves away from the traditional paper based model for the first time.
The future development plans for the card include facilitating transport and access control applications.
Laurent Cremer, Executive Director, OSPT Alliance, commented: “We are delighted that Brazil has specified the CIPURSE standard into an ID based product. We are starting to see CIPURSE used in a range of projects beyond transport ticketing from ID to access control. We look forward to seeing how the project develops and encourage other members to consider CIPURSE for ID platforms.”
Other Barcode News:
- Solaris Announces Acquisition of Railtronix – Expanding Supply Chain Digitalization Capabilities
- PING Consortium Wins Innovation Product Award at EFECS 2017
- Honeywell To Invest In Chinese Supply Chain Software Provider And Form A New Joint Venture
- Spinnaker a Recipient of SDCE Green Supply Chain Award for 2017 For 7th Consecutive Year
- New Online Payment Platform for Air Cargo Industry Imports in the U.S.
- OPTEL acquires Verify Brand to set the stage for end-to-end traceability in Supply Chain
- Transportation Security Technology Company, Overhaul, Raises $4.5M in Series Seed Funding
- ScanTech Sciences Nearing Completion of First Electronic Cold-Pasteurization™ Center
- Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology Digitalizes its Parts Supply Chain with JDA
- CalAmp and Barcoding, Inc. Enable Real-Time Visibility into Complex Supply Chains
- IoT Edge Platforms Show Blistering 81% Revenue Growth In 2018
- RateLinx Automates Courier Shipments with ShipLinx TMS
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.