Scottsdale, Ariz. – December 07, 2017 – In remote work locations such as mines and construction sites, it can be challenging to deliver spare parts and tools quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high uptime and delivering on customer promises. That’s why Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has selected JDA Software Group, Inc. to redefine its logistics processes and ultimately provide better and more reliable customer service.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking, and demolition. In 2016, sales were approximately 31 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees in continuing operations.
Sandvik will leverage the JDA Cloud with several solutions from JDA® Intelligent FulfillmentTM, including JDA® Transportation Management, JDA® Warehouse Management and JDA® Warehouse Labor Management. Sandvik will leverage JDA Consulting Services and be deployed in the JDA Cloud.
“Parts logistics is a highly critical aspect of our business in getting spare parts to mining and construction sites quickly. Beyond needing to streamline and gain visibility into logistics flow, we needed to ensure we could deliver parts at the right time,” said Juha Virtanen, logistics transformation manager, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology. “We chose JDA to give us seamless integration of TMS and WMS, so we could manage our processes from end to end.”
As the digitalization of the supply chain continues, Sandvik realized it needed to upgrade and in some cases, revamp its processes to stay competitive. With an integrated set of transportation, warehousing and labor management solutions from JDA, Sandvik will be able to dynamically and profitability select the most cost-efficient carrier to deliver products to their customers as efficiently as possible. Further, Sandvik will have automated carrier service optimization, last-mile delivery visibility and the ability to anticipate route bottlenecks and delivery delays before they occur.
“Sandvik’s customers are often in far-flung locations that are not easy to get to, such as mines and rock excavation sites. With JDA, Sandvik will gain increased cost efficiency and cost control as they redefine their logistics and transportation processes, ultimately becoming a more flexible and competitive organization,” said Johan Reventberg, senior vice president and general manager, EMEA, JDA. “We’ll create a complete platform for Sandvik that will not only optimize their business, but yield increased visibility and traceability as well as drive down losses in warehousing.”
- Learn more about JDA Intelligent Fulfillment solutions here
- Check out this infographic: Warehouse and Labor Management made easy
- Learn how to drive efficiency and agility for maximum ROI
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading supply chain provider powering today’s digital transformation. We enable companies to improve their ability to plan, execute and deliver by better predicting and shaping demand, fulfilling more intelligently and quickly, and improving customer experiences and loyalty. More than 4,000 global customers use our unmatched end-to-end solutions portfolio to shorten their supply chains, increase speed of execution and profitably deliver to their customers. Our world-class client roster includes 72 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs.
Other Barcode News:
- IoT Edge Platforms Show Blistering 81% Revenue Growth In 2018
- RateLinx Automates Courier Shipments with ShipLinx TMS
- Zebra Technologies Completes Comprehensive Debt Restructuring
- Zebra Technologies Named One Of Crn’s Internet Of Things 50
- CSL Signs Synergy RFID Inc.as Stocking Distributor for Northern and Latin American Regions
- 10 Never Used Symbol MS1207WA Scanners For Sale
- ScanSource Awarded 2017 National Distributor of the Year by Axis Communications
- Ryder Forms Partnership to Support Development of Supply Chain and Logistics Startups
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Identiv Continues Worldwide Smart Card Reader and Credential Distribution Expansion