MachNation IoT Edge ScoreCard 2018: Vendor List
According to survey data collected from participating vendors in the ScoreCard, IoT edge platform revenue will grow at a sharp 81% in 2018 with 35% of revenue generated from enterprises in Western Europe, 31% in North America and 34% in other regions. Some of the sectors of greatest interest to IoT edge platform vendors include industrial, manufacturing, automotive, transportation and smart cities.
"MachNation's IoT Edge ScoreCard is the industry's first and only in-depth, independent evaluation of IoT edge platforms," said Steve Hilton, President, MachNation. "Enterprises looking for leading edge technologies use our ScoreCard and MachNation's IoT platform comparison and testing lab (MIT-E) to help guide them in understanding this valuable IoT offering."
MachNation's ScoreCard contains several quadrants and matrices to help clarify a dynamic ecosystem. The ScoreCard ranks vendors using 19 detailed technical and business criteria including edge data processing capabilities, edge management tools, pre-configured integrations, architectural approaches, business capabilities and strategic direction.
According to MachNation's definition, the edge is a distributed technology and processing architecture that brings certain computational and analytics capabilities near the point of data generation. This technology enables certain processes to be decentralized and occur in a more optimal physical location.
"Our research shows that roughly 90% of edge complexity is software related," said Dima Tokar, co-founder and CTO, MachNation. "While many vendors already provide hardware that adequately supports many IoT solutions, the quality and sophistication of the related edge software is a true differentiator."
According to Tokar, "MachNation's ScoreCard digs deeply into enterprises' technology requirements for an edge platform by completing an in-depth analysis of the following vendors: ADLINK, Amazon, CalAmp, Cisco, ClearBlade, Dell, FogHorn Systems, Huawei, Litmus Automation, Microsoft, MultiTech, Nebbiolo Technologies, SAP, Siemens, Software AG and Telit."
Other Barcode News:
- Zebra Technologies Completes Comprehensive Debt Restructuring
- Zebra Technologies Named One Of Crn’s Internet Of Things 50
- CSL Signs Synergy RFID Inc.as Stocking Distributor for Northern and Latin American Regions
- 10 Never Used Symbol MS1207WA Scanners For Sale
- ScanSource Awarded 2017 National Distributor of the Year by Axis Communications
- Ryder Forms Partnership to Support Development of Supply Chain and Logistics Startups
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Identiv Continues Worldwide Smart Card Reader and Credential Distribution Expansion
- NFC Forum Publishes 2017 Technical Specification Release
- Identiv Expands Global Distribution of Smart Card Readers
- Zebra Technologies Participates In Senate Hearing On Advancement of Internet of Things
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews