LENEXA, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Children’s Hospital Colorado, one of the nation’s top pediatric hospitals, selected Mediware Information Systems, Inc. as its blood management systems provider. Mediware will provide software solutions to power the processes that ensure children receive the range of blood products they need. Children’s Hospital Colorado will implement Mediware’s three blood management solutions — HCLL, LifeTrak, and Transtem — to manage the blood supply chain.
Children’s Hospital Colorado performs over 10,000 transfusions per year. Tracking, testing, and protecting these vital products is essential. Mediware is the only U.S. provider of fully integrated solutions for cellular therapy, bone marrow transplantation, and managing the blood supply chain — including donor recruiting, product manufacturing, managing test results, product distribution, and transfusion at the bedside. Children’s Hospital Colorado and its patients will now utilize these Mediware solutions:
- Mediware HCLL is one of the first 510(k)-cleared blood transfusion management softwares. HCLL increases efficiencies, eliminates product waste, improves functionality, and gives clinical specialists and administrative staff the tools and bandwidth needed to work more effectively and safely.
- Mediware LifeTrak is an industry-leading software for blood center and donor management that efficiently manages donor information, eligibility, product testing, manufacturing, and distribution, allowing staff to streamline processes to maximize production and safety.
- Mediware Transtem Lab is an end-to-end cell therapy management solution that helps clinicians manage data associated with the collection, processing, transplanting, and recipient monitoring of therapeutic stems cells.
Mediware’s blood management solutions integrate with Epic, the electronic medical record software used by Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Mediware blood management services’ deep integration with Epic gives end users a single interface that optimizes back-end clerical and administrative tasks, accelerates the clinical workflow process, and uncovers significant efficiencies for providers. This integration also significantly streamlines the procurement process by allowing customers to complete the entire laboratory and blood bank systems purchase more quickly, more efficiently, and at a lower overall cost than when purchased separately. Notably, through Epic HL7 and HCLL, users can seamlessly transfer orders and results as well as process samples with a single Epic-generated barcode. Mediware software is integrated with Epic at more than 200 sites, helping customers realize meaningful cost and time savings.
“Children’s Hospital Colorado is one of the nation’s leading and most innovative providers of pediatric care. Mediware is honored to partner with this important and passionate health care provider and to deliver the best and most comprehensive suite of software and services, enabling high-quality, advanced patient care,” said Bill Miller, President and CEO of Mediware. “Mediware’s blood management services provide increasingly coordinated care and continue to improve children’s health through pioneering treatments that shape the future of pediatrics.”
Today, more than 600 facilities around the world rely on Mediware for blood management technology and services. For more information on Mediware’s blood management solutions, visit www.mediware.com/blood.
Mediware is a leading supplier of software for health care and human service providers and payers. Core Mediware solutions include blood management technologies for hospitals and blood centers; cell therapy solutions for cord blood banks, cancer treatment centers, and research facilities; medication management solutions for hospitals, behavioral health facilities, infusion and specialty pharmacy providers; and rehabilitation therapy and respiratory care solutions. For more information about Mediware products and services, visit our website at www.mediware.com.
- EPAY Systems Delivers New RFID Slim Time Clock
- EnterWorks® Partners with Label Insight for ‘Big Data on Big Food’
- META Storage Solutions Inc. and The Numina Group Partner to Provide Neuco’s Next Generation Warehouse Distribution Center
- ALL-TAG Announces Release of Q-Tag® Tag
- Seeonic and atlasRFIDstore Partner to Expand Sales of Cellular RFID Readers
- Checkpoint To Demonstrate Loss Prevention, Merchandise Visibility Solutions at NRF Protect
- Thermal Printer Market to Reach US$ 4.5 Bn by 2028 - Persistence Market Research
- Box Measurement Technology for Hand Held Devices to Serve $343 Billion Shipping/Parcel Industry
- Zebra Restructures Debt
- Award For Instrument That Prints Text, Barcodes, 2D Codes and Graphics on Plastic Tubes
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.