WOODBURY, New York – September 25, 2018 - Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, announced today that Aurora Plastics, a leader in thermoplastic compounds, is using the XM2-RFID rugged mobile computer to identify and track railcars within its railyard.
The recovery of the US housing market and a rise in construction have fueled increased demand for PVC building materials. With its focus on innovation and a commitment to consistently delivering highest-quality products and exceptional customer service, Aurora Plastics needed to improve processes for unloading more than 100 million pounds of PVC resin annually from railcars at its Streetsboro, Ohio facility.
- Aurora Plastics worked with Janam and Quest Integrated Solutions, a subsidiary of Technology Recovery Group (“TRG”), to implement an RFID-based solution to ensure its railcars pass stringent quality checks before they are unloaded and materials are delivered to the correct destination.
- Aurora Plastics sought a device that could easily integrate and communicate with its existing systems to minimize costs. They selected the XM2-RFID rugged mobile computer because of its compact form factor and superior RFID read range and accuracy.
- With Janam’s XM2-RFID rugged mobile computers deployed less than a year ago, Aurora Plastics is already seeing dramatic efficiency gains across its operations. Manual paperwork and cross-checks have been eliminated, resulting in a 20 percent time savings.
- Quest / TRG played a key role in programming the XM2-RFID and developed a desktop application that captures data in the railyard and sends it to Aurora Plastic’s SQL database. The intuitive application stores all company transactions to enable Aurora Plastics to track and report on historical data.
- Optimized to meet Aurora Plastics’ data capture needs, the XM2-RFID delivers the right combination of performance and reliability, resulting in the company achieving a 100 percent success rate for products being delivered to the correct locations.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
“We work closely with partners like Quest and TRG to help businesses acquire meaningful business intelligence. The vast improvements to Aurora Plastics’ supply chain processes are enabled by best-in-class RFID-enabled mobile computers and the unmatched support we provide our global customer base.”
Seth Scott, Assistant Plant Manager, Aurora Plastics
“With our mission to be the first choice when customers are looking for polymer compound solutions, Aurora Plastics needs to surpass its competition with innovation and superior customer service. Janam’s XM2-RFID rugged mobile computers play a critical role in exceeding our metrics for efficiency and reliability across the supply chain.”
Jack Brower, Director, Quest Integrated Solutions
“We have worked with all of the major hardware manufacturers in the rugged mobile computing industry, and Janam has been extremely responsive and easy to work with - on both small- and large-scale projects.”
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
About Aurora Plastics
Founded in 1997, Aurora Plastics is based in Streetsboro, OH and is known for developing and manufacturing advanced polymer compounds customized for customers for a variety of applications. These applications include building and construction, recreational, automotive, wire and cable, hose and tube, battery, footwear, and others. In addition to manufacturing the highest quality rigid and flexible PVC compounds, the company offers a vast library of TPR, TPE, custom TPO, CPE alloys, PVC/Acrylic alloys, LSZH, flame retardant concentrates, SBS and SEBS formulations and PVC and TPE cellular foam compounds. Aurora Plastics is a leading producer of compounds that require an exact color match. Their facilities optimize best practices and utilize the most current technologies. Aurora Plastics has built a reputation for ensuring consistency and reliability in a variety of applications. Aurora Plastics’ manufacturing facilities are certified ISO 9001-2015 with Design and as a result, have set the industry benchmark for product quality and lot-to-lot consistency.
About Technology Recovery Group (“TRG”)
Technology Recovery Group (TRG) is the leading hardware, software, and solutions provider in the mobile computing, barcode and POS / payment processing industries. Based in Westlake, Ohio, TRG provides the most comprehensive suite of products and services across all lifecycle stages and equipment types. From warehouse to register and deployment to retirement, TRG develops tailored solutions that meet each customer’s unique requirements and ultimately increase productivity, extend equipment life and maximize overall ROI. TRG’s subsidiary, Question Integrated Solutions, offers a unique set of customizable software solutions for the data capture and barcoding industry. Ranging from point of delivery applications, vehicle tracking systems, order entry applications, electronic cataloging systems and specialized printing applications, TRG specializes in creating and implementing solutions that meet each customer’s unique needs. Learn more about why The Difference is Us at www.trgrepair.com.
Other Barcode news of interest:
- ‘Just Walk Out’ Shopping Smart Checkout Tech to Reach Over $45 Billion Transactions by 2023
- Foster Farms Debuts DORI, A QR Code Virtual Assistant In The Fresh Chicken Case
- Morse Watchmans Showcases Key Control and Asset Management at GSX 2018
- Manthan Signs Multiyear Partnership with Alshaya for Enterprise Wide Analytics
- Global Intelligent Packaging Market 2018-2023
- YouCam Makeup and Cosmopolitan Partner for Print-to-Digital Virtual Beauty Experience