AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) October 23, 2018
The Society for Information Display (SID) has awarded the organization and execution of its highly popular series of business conferences during its annual Display Week conference and exhibition to Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) for the 3rd consecutive year. SID’s 2019 Display Week will take place from May 12-17 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif.
According to SID Business Track Chair John Jacobs, "We are pleased to award the 2019 Business Track to DSCC. They have delivered an outstanding program in the past two years and we are confident they will deliver another valuable program in 2019 to meet the future needs of our members.”
DSCC Founder & CEO Ross Young commented: “We are delighted to organize the Business Track again for Display Week 2019. We consider Display Week the pre-eminent event in the display industry calendar, and we look forward to providing an innovative Business Track program addressing the critical topics faced by the display industry. We are excited to introduce a 1-day event this year dedicated to foldable displays which have tremendous growth potential.”
The Business Track will consist of:
- SID/DSCC Business Conference on Monday, May 13th
- SID/DSCC Investor’s Conference on Tuesday, May 14th
- SID/DSCC Foldable Display Market Focus Conference on Wednesday, May 15th
- SID/DSCC Automotive Display Market Focus Conference on Wednesday, May 15th
Based on evaluation of the 2018 Business Track, and in response to attendee feedback and continuing development of industry trends, there will be some changes for the 2019 event:
- The annual SID Business Conference has consistently drawn large crowds and influential speakers who have provided valuable insights on the display market outlook. Leading industry executives want to use this event to create a high-profile statement about the future of the industry, and so for 2019, we will bring back the supply chain keynote session. The Business Conference will also include presentations from leading industry analysts from a variety of firms and sessions devoted to TVs, Smartphones, and emerging technologies.
- The Investor Conference will continue with the format successfully introduced in 2018, as a full day event. The Investor Conference will feature presentations from market and sell-side analysts on important trends in the display industry and which segments and companies are likely to outperform. It will also feature a panel session including private equity and venture capital executives on what they are looking for from potential investments in private display companies. Private display-related companies seeking funding or secondary financing will then give short presentations to an audience consisting largely of buy-side, private equity and venture capital investors. The event will prioritize companies participating in Display Week’s i-Zone exhibits.
- New for 2019, the Foldable Display Market Focus Conference will cover both technical and market issues surrounding the next big innovation area for the display industry. Foldable displays are critical to the growth of the OLED industry and present challenges in technology development, manufacturing, designing and marketing devices. The conference will include the viewpoints of prominent industry analysts and perspectives from companies supplying innovative material solutions and device designs to make foldable displays a reality.
- To better meet the needs of DisplayWeek attendees, the Automotive Display Market Focus Conference will be coupled with a special track in the technical symposium to provide an enhanced, integrated program for industry professionals focused on this growing sector. The conference will address the exciting opportunities offered by the shift to semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles with perspectives from key industry analysts, material suppliers, display manufacturers, Tier 1 automotive suppliers, and leading automotive OEMs, and will cover both existing and emerging flat panel display applications and the opportunities and challenges in head-up displays (HUD).
There will also be networking receptions after each day of the Business Track to enhance networking opportunities.
More information on the agenda, speaking opportunities and sponsorship will soon be available on the DSCC web site at http://www.displaysupplychain.com/events.html.
About Display Week 2019
The 54th SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, or Display Week 2019, will take place May 12-17 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif. Display Week is the premier gathering of system integrators, designers, consumers, scientists, engineers and manufacturers in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on Display Week 2019, visit http://www.displayweek.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter @DisplayWeek (hashtag #DisplayWeek19), Instagram @siddisplayweek or the Display Week YouTube Channel.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the display industry. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. The organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID’s global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit http://www.sid.org.
About Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC)
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events.
- other news:
- CDO Technologies and Brady's New Partnership Delivers Affordable RFID Asset Tracking
- Ticketmaster Acquires Blockchain Ticketing Solution
- UnionPay cards issued outside mainland China exceeds 100 million
- Pharmaceutical Industry Packaging Serialization Lagging as DSCSA Enforcement Deadline Looms
- Circle K Thinks Pink Throughout October With QR Codes and Mobile App
- Shopping Online Gets a Security Upgrade from Mastercard
- Jif-Pak Selects Janam Rugged Mobile Computers to Improve Workflow Processes
- SafeTraces raises $10M in equity financing (Invisible, edible, flavorless bar codes)
- Digimarc Sets Third Quarter 2018 Conference Call for Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Socket Mobile Products Ready For iOS 12