EWING, N.J. (PRWEB) January 15, 2019
GS1 US® has issued a Call for Innovation for companies with disruptive technologies to be featured in The Startup Lab—a new highlight of GS1 Connect 2019 designed to showcase emerging technologies that could have a significant impact on commerce. Twelve startups with a demonstrable product that was launched between June 2017 and May 2019 will be selected to present their technology on June 19, 2019 and compete to win up to $10,000 cash.
Finalists will also receive complimentary access to GS1 Connect 2019, taking place June 19-21, 2019 at the Gaylord Rockies in Denver, Colorado. Entry is free and applications must be submitted via online form by February 18, 2019.
WHO: GS1 US, the information standards organization known for pioneering the barcode more than 40 years ago, facilitates industry collaboration to transform supply chain and e-commerce operations through open standards. Members include retailers, healthcare providers, foodservice operators, distributors, manufacturers of consumer packaged goods, apparel, general merchandise and healthcare products, and solution providers.
WHAT: The Startup Lab at GS1 Connect will showcase emerging technologies, business innovations, and strategies that improve an inefficient business process, create a transformational new product or service, or solve a business challenge in one of these areas:
- Computer Vision, Emerging Data Carriers, and Sensors
- Conversational Commerce (Chatbots, Voice Recognition, Natural Language Processing)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR/AR)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Digital Disruption/Digital Identity
- The Internet of Everything
Applicants must not have raised more than $10 million in funding and must provide a brief description of the proposed innovation and its intended business or societal impact.
- February 18, 2019 - Call for Innovation application deadline closes at 5:00 PM EST.
- March 15, 2019 - Finalists will be notified.
- June 19-20, 2019 - Finalists will demonstrate their products at GS1 Connect and compete to win cash.
WHERE: The Startup Lab competition will be held at GS1 Connect at the Gaylord Rockies Convention Center, Denver, CO.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Applications for The Startup Lab must be submitted via online form.
For more information about GS1 US, please visit http://www.gs1us.org.
- EVRYTHNG Honored as 2019 “IoT Partner Ecosystem of the Year” by IoT Breakthrough Awards
- OKI Data Americas Debuts Next-Gen QR Code Print Solution #NRF2019 #Okidata
- Janam Unveils RFID Sled for XT2 Series of Rugged Touch Computers #NRF2019
- Pensa Raises $5 Million to Automate Retail Inventory Visibility
- New Datalogic Gryphon™ 4500 Series of WIRELESS scanners
- 4R Systems Presents its Suite of Machine Learning Powered Retail Supply Chain Solutions at #NRF19
- LIVE! 2019 to Feature RFID Professional Institute Certification and Fast-Track RFID Training Course
- KIOSK Info Systems and Posiflex Showcase POS Self-service with IoT Monitoring at #NRF2019
- Thermal Paper Sales Witness Subdued Growth as Shift to Digital Payment Reduces Demand
- X-Rite eXact Auto-Scan Measures Print Color Bars Faster and More Accurately than Manual Scans
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.