Acquisition aligns computer vision AI solutions with Zebra’s enterprise asset intelligence vision
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), an innovator at the edge of the enterprise with solutions and partners that enable businesses to gain a performance edge, today announced that it has acquired Cortexica Vision Systems Ltd., a London-headquartered leader in business-to-business (B2B) computer vision-based artificial intelligence (AI) solutions. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Founded in 2008, Cortexica has developed vision-based analytics and AI solutions to drive new user experiences and greater operational efficiencies. Specific capabilities enabled by the Cortexica computer vision AI portfolio include object recognition, image and video analysis and visual search. Cortexica brings robust technology capabilities and a talented team of engineers, giving Zebra an opportunity to enhance its next-generation offerings.
“The acquisition of Cortexica further advances our Enterprise Asset Intelligence vision by providing computer vision-based sensing to enable our customers to operate more effectively in increasingly automated, data-powered environments,” said Anders Gustafsson, chief executive officer of Zebra Technologies. “Cortexica’s computer vision expertise provides customers greater visibility into the status of assets at the operational edge of their businesses through vision-based sensing and advanced analytics capabilities.”
Cortexica enhances the “Sense” and “Analyze” layers of Zebra’s “Sense-Analyze-Act” solution framework through the introduction of new computer vision-based AI that enables Zebra to address a range of emerging use-cases that complement its core portfolio.
- TEKLYNX Print Automation Solution, SENTINEL, Increases Print Speed & Labeling Accuracy for Largest Food Industry Redistributor
- Demand Planning LLC Partners with Vanguard Software to Provide Supply Chain Planning Solutions to Mid-Market Clients
- Smartrac Further Expands its CIRCUS PRO Series for Secure Product Authentication with Greater Performance and Benefits
- ASSA ABLOY Subsidiary Acquires Mailbox Solution Company
- Digimarc Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Cognex 3Q 2019 Report YoY Shows Declines in Revenue and Net Income
- NiceLabel Announces New ABAP Package to Optimize Labeling in SAP S4/HANA