Amsterdam (The Netherlands), 10 September 2015 – SMARTRAC has introduced its new SMART-LOOP PRELAM® that offers crucial benefits to manufacturers of UHF eID documents. The benefits include extended read range with a very small antenna, minimal thickness (from 100 to 250 μm) and unmatched mechanical durability, longevity and performance. These features also translate into reduced complexity, resulting in easier handling of the pre-laminates during eID document manufacturing processes.
The new pre-laminate’s outstanding features are attributable to SMARTRAC’s leading patented wire-embedding technology and inductive coupling know-how. The wire-embedded UHF PRELAM uses inductive coupling technology and consists of two components: firstly, the chip and chip loop on a thin carrier bonded via flip-chip-assembly; secondly, the wire-embedded antenna that is connected to the chip loop via inductive coupling.
The absence of any intermetallic connection between chip and antenna makes it one of the most robust and reliable pre-laminate cards available in the market today. To underline this, SMARTRAC is granting eID document manufacturers a 10-year warranty. SMART-LOOP PRELAM enables new solutions for a broad range of eID applications that require moderate security, e.g. eDrivers’ licenses, eResidence permit cards or border crossing documents.
Like any IC used in UHF pre-laminates, the integrated Impinj Monza 4D chip does not allow the storage of personal data. Instead, this data is obtained from external databases when the eID document is read. SMART-LOOP PRELAMs have an operating frequency of 860 - 960 MHz and feature a sheet format of up to 510 x 680mm. They comply with ISO 18000-6C and EPC Class 1 Gen2 international standards. PC, PVC, PET and composites are available as carrier materials.
“With our latest innovation SMART-LOOP PRELAM we are broadening our eID product portfolio as it perfectly fits for a wide range of eID applications that require moderate security. Thanks to our comprehensive expertise we are able to provide our customers with a broad range of industry-leading products, underlining SMARTRAC’s technology leadership based on our proprietary wire-embedding technology and inductive coupling expertise,” says Ralf Henn, Senior Vice President, Business Division Secure ID & Transactions at SMARTRAC.
SMARTRAC is the leading RFID technology company in the production of both ready-made and customized products and services. SMARTRAC makes products smart, and enables businesses to identify, authenticate, track and complement product offerings. The company’s portfolio is used in a wide array of applications: access control, animal identification, automated fare collection, automotive, border control, contactless payment, electronic product identification, industry, libraries and media management, laundry, logistics, retail, public transport, and many more. Leveraging its global R&D, production and sales network, SMARTRAC’s solutions combine physical products with digitally based services to empower the ecosystem of connected things. SMARTRAC has its registered headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.smartrac-group.com and follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SMARTRAC_NV
Other recent news releases in Barcoding/RFID
- Connected Health Summit 2015 and The IoT
- Connections Europe -10th Annal Show - Nest, Viacom, Icontrol to Keynote
- MachineShop Collaborates With Arrow Electronics to Power Its New IoT Enablement Offering, "Arrow Intelligent Services"
- ScanSource Completes Acquisition of Video Confering Distrib
- GreenIQ Launches the First 3G-Powered Smart Garden Device Available to Consumers, Connected Exclusively by AT&T
News releases from the retail/point of sale industry
- Retail Software Company Receives High Marks From Gartner
- MasterCard Delivers Android Pay to Cardholders in the U.S.
- 40% Increase Month over Month of MasterPass Transactions in Europe
- Hungary's MOL Group Rolls Out New C-Store Prototype Designed by CBX
- MyECheck Partners With PacNet Services, Begins Processing for 21 Businesses
- Rooms selling out for Money 20/20 show - October Las Vegas
- Payment Processor Launches Secure Payment System for Facebook
- Inturn Expands Functionality
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.