FORT MILL, S.C. – Sept. 28, 2015 – Targeting the frontline worker who requires an easy-to-use device with unparalleled performance, Honeywell (NYSE: HON) unveiled the Dolphin™ CT50 mobile computer, the latest in a series of advanced mobile workforce solutions. The CT50 streamlines operations and maximizes worker efficiencies in transport and logistics, field service, direct store delivery, and warehouse environments.
Featuring a modern all-touch interface, the Dolphin CT50 enables mobile workers to achieve a new level of productivity and efficiency for scan-intensive applications. It empowers workers to maximize efficiencies in mission-critical activities, including improving route efficiency, ensuring more accurate delivery windows, heightening the level of service to customers in the field with real-time scheduling, and more effectively responding to customer requests and requirements.
- Offering the flexibility to select either Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld or Android 4.4 KitKat operating systems, the Dolphin CT50 offers the highest degree of future-proofing protection with a seamless upgrade path to the Windows 10 and Android 6.0 Marshmallow platforms. This operating system versatility offers end users enhanced security and compatibility with other devices such as tablets and personal computers.
- The Dolphin CT50 is the second launch in a series of mobile solutions built on the powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 series processor offering competitive speeds toenhance worker productivity. The architecture gives mobile workers the ability to collect and process huge quantities of data while using multiple applications quickly and reliably on their device, improving overall worker performance.
· Designed with the end user in mind, the Dolphin CT50 includes Wi-Fi® and 4G/LTE connectivity to ensure access to business-critical applications and rich multimedia such as streaming video and videoconferences whether in the office or connecting remotely from the road.
· Featuring best-in-class imaging hardware and decoding software for fast and accurate omnichannel bar-code reading, the Dolphin CT50 offers maximum productivity for on-demand delivery, remote technicians and metering workers.
· To accompany the device, Honeywell will offer a full complement of accessories to support scan-intensive use cases such as a scan handle, docking systems and vehicle cradles for specialized activities such as mobile printing, payment acceptance and vehicle telemetry.
· As an integral part of Honeywell’s Independent Software Vendor program, the Dolphin CT50 offers software partners an opportunity to develop applications on the next-generation platform for enterprise mobile solutions.
· The Dolphin CT50 started shipping in August 2015.
· Taylor Smith, general manager, Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions: “Honeywell delivers the latest in mobile computing with a truly connected device that promises the highest levels of productivity possible. Relying on decades of experience in designing connected worker-centric solutions coupled with a vision for the future of mobile computing, Honeywell has a strong grasp on what today’s diverse workforce needs and strives to drive efficiencies.”
· Additional details on the Dolphin CT50 are available here
Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions (S&PS) is a global leader providing custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls, and productivity solutions built around our high performance data collection hardware including rugged mobile computers, voice-enabled software, bar code scanners, radio frequency identification (RFID) and workflow printing solutions. Our solutions serve customers in aerospace, automotive, field service, healthcare, industrial, manufacturing, medical, retail, supply chain, test and measurement, and transportation and logistics markets. We provide unparalleled precision and durability that improves efficiency, increases operational productivity and enhances customer service capabilities. For more information on Honeywell sensing products, visit http://sensing.honeywell.com and on Honeywell productivity solutions visit http://www.honeywellaidc.com.
- Modernizing Food Safety With An iPad App From Sample6
- Minority Report? Hitachi Predictive Crime Analytics System
- Youredi and Temando partner in cross-border ecommerce solution
- Identiv Releases Connected IoT Premises Access Control Solution
- Jasper Panel Reveals IoT as a Focal Point for Connected Car Innovation Across Industries