SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 20, 2016) - The global Internet of Things (IoT) market size is expected to reach USD 1.88 trillion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
Technological proliferation and increasing internet connectivity are expected to boost global IoT market growth. Growing VC investments by tech companies into innovative industry startups have further bolstered the growth opportunities in the market.
IoT connects devices such as consumer electronics as well as industrial equipment over a network, allowing information gathering and management of these devices via software to increase efficiency and enable new services.
Browse full research report with TOC on "IoT Market Analysis By Component (Devices, Connectivity, IT Services, Platforms), By Application (Consumer Electronics, Retail, Manufacturing, Transportation, Healthcare) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/iot-market
Decreasing costs of internet enabled sensors, internet connectivity, and data processing are expected to propel industry growth. Additionally, futuristic concepts such as connected wearable devices, connected vehicles, connected homes, connected cities, and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) are bound to open extensive market avenues over the next seven years.
However, issues such as privacy and security along with absence of universally accepted standards are expected to hamper the growth prospects. Moreover, increasing regulations by authorities in the U.S. and Europe in support of privacy and data security for the consumers are expected to challenge the industry.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Devices segment comprising modules and sensors dominated the global IoT industry accounting for over 30% of the market share in 2014. Proliferation of innovative IoT platforms such as Brillo by Google Inc. and HomeKit by Apple Inc. has led competitors to develop and offer substitutes to the industry, thereby fueling segment growth.
- Consumer electronics application segment is estimated to acquire a major segment of the revenue share in the IoT industry followed by retail and manufacturing. The development of the connected cars concept has pushed the transportation segment to acquire over 25% of the overall industry in 2014.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR close to 16% over the forecast period. Countries such as China, Japan, and India are expected to drive industry growth during the next seven years. Increasing penetration of high-speed broadband internet and the presence of major technology and component manufacturers such as Samsung and Huawei have led to the regional industry growth.
- Technological and product innovations have driven the highly dynamic market. Key industry players include major technology and telecom giants such as Accenture PLC, Alcatel-Lucent, Apple Inc., Google Inc., General Electric, Freescale Semiconductors, IBM, Samsung Electronics, and SAP SE. Companies have aggressively fueled up investments in R&D and IoT divisions and innovation labs in order to gain on the first-mover advantage establishing their dominance in the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global IoT market on the basis of component, application and region:
- IoT Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2022)
- IoT Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2022)
- IoT Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2022)
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
- Three Companies Win the LoRa(R) Alliance Global IoT Challenge
- Companies Partner to Enable NFC in Financial Self-Service Terminals
- Omni-ID (RFID) Secures $21M in Funding to Support Industrial IoT Solutions Demand
- SATO Global Solutions Joins Global Alliance For the Supply Chain #nrf16
- Dandy Lab and Cisco Change How Consumers Shop - 'Living Laboratory' for Retail Tech
- RFID Journal Launches Japanese-Language Website
- RetailNext Showcases Software Ecosystem at #NRF16
- Ingenico Group Sees 54 Percent YOY Growth in US Retail Segment #nrf16
- Ingenico Group Accelerates EMV and NFC Acceptance in Unattended Environments #nrf16
- 4R Systems Enables Retailers with Limited Store Space to Maximize Profit #nrf16
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews