PHOENIX, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) today announced new ISM2016 programming and event highlights through its just-released conference brochure. In addition, ISM is offering registrants copies of the book "American Icon" about keynote Alan Mulally's leadership while serving as CEO of Ford Motor Company on a first-come, first served basis.
ISM2016 is a four-day event for supply management and procurement professionals, scheduled to take place at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, May 15–18, 2016. ISM2016 features a host of changes compared to ISM2015, including ISM's new facilitated "experiences." These "experiences" are designed to provide emerging professionals with the opportunity to gain fast access to professional certification and invite corporate executives from large firms to undertake a special guided training.
"ISM is proud to once again offer the industry's leading supply management conference," said Tom Derry, president and CEO of ISM. "In response to attendee feedback and the evolution of the industry, ISM2016 provides unique learning, growth and networking opportunities for each attendee, no matter where they are in their career."
This year, the conference's 2,500 anticipated attendees will have the opportunity to attend 50 interactive sessions within eight learning tracks that allow attendees to focus on unique supply management themes. A sampling of industry leaders developing content for learning tracks represent such global industry leaders as Apple, Google, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Sedexo and Toyota, among others.
Keynote speakers include Mulally, who is credited with turning around Ford Motor Company before retiring from the firm in 2014; Susan Cain, author of the bestselling book, "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking;" and Susan Schwab, a former secretary of commerce and current professor of public policy at the University of Maryland, who will speak to her role in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations.
At ISM2016, scholars and award winners will also be announced and celebrated, including:
The 2016 R. Gene Richter Scholars and the J. Shipman Gold Medal Award winner.
The "30 Under 30 Rising Supply Chain Stars" award recipients, who will be revealed prior to the conference. Selected by representatives of ISM and
Other bar code and supply chain news stories:
- SmartMetric To Show Biometric Protected Payments Card at Payments Industry Conf
- GS1 US Data Quality and Supply Chain Visibility Workshops to Provide Guidance
- Mid America Pipe Selects abas ERP Software
- Intelligent Product Solutions VP Derek Peterson to Speak at IoT Summit
- Avaya Powers On and Off Field Communications for U.S. Football's "Big Game"
- Datalogic Announces Investment in RFID Technology
- Panel PC Systems Designed With Industrial IoT Standards for Software, Service Uses
- F-Secure Survey Releases Findings on Privacy Concerns in Different Countries
- Glamorise Selects New ERP to Support Expansion and Supply Chain Processes
- Retail Analytics Market Growth at 20.59% CAGR Forecast to 2020 Driven by...
- Software Company Creates Innovative Shipping Inventory Tool for Nidec Motor Corp
- Dolphin RFID Rolls Out Strategy With Enhanced Focus on Internet of Things (IoT)
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews