CHARLOTTE, NC--(Marketwired - January 27, 2016) - Velocity Technology Solutions Inc., a global leader in enterprise and business application cloud services, announced the completion of a unique data-driven inventory validation tool, created for Nidec Motor Corporation, a leading motor manufacturer based in St. Louis, MO. The Oracle 11i customized module was created to improve Nidec's customer shipping capabilities from its North American warehouse.
Velocity engineers designed and built the shipping inventory validation application, a unique Mobile Supply Chain customization tool, which provides unified data definition, data collection and data management for inventory selection processes. Nidec is using this application at one of its busiest warehouses that distributes products to customers worldwide. The application is a bolt-on enhancement for the Oracle Mobile Supply Chain application and includes the capability to utilize radio-frequency devices to facilitate automation. In addition to the application, Velocity also provides technical, functional, and database application support for Nidec's global operations.
"The tool was built for accuracy, efficiency and speed during the shipping process," said Larry Mills, Vice President for the Oracle Line of Business at Velocity Technology Solutions. "This shipping inventory validation application helps to transform processes that were predominantly manual, such as the verification of a packing slip. During a transaction to ship a product, if an error was discovered in the packing slip, a back and forth exchange between departments would be required to rectify deliveries, which is a time consuming process prone to error. This tool eliminates the need for those human exchanges."
A key challenge for the Velocity team was to gauge the scope of corrective actions required to automate the system and then put the validations in place on top of the existing inventory and shipment practices, all without interruption to Nidec's operations.
"Over the years, our shipments have increased substantially and a manual system was no longer an ideal solution," said Brad Burger, Vice President of Logistics for Nidec Motor Corporation. "Along with the precise validation of system data with manual activities, we expect this application, created by Velocity, combined with our Oracle systems, all managed with Velocity in partnership with our internal teams, will enhance our overall working efficiency in the form of quicker task completions and fulfillment of customer deliveries."
About Velocity Technology Solutions
Velocity Technology Solutions (www.VelocityCloud.com) is a global leader in enterprise and business application cloud services, which are fully managed and protected within virtual private or public cloud environments. The company's business is focused in three areas: Cloud Hosting / Managed Services; Professional Services / Consulting; and Big Data / Data Analytics. Velocity's expertise managing leading ERP applications, combined with its proprietary infrastructure design and cloud management platform, supports the availability, security, visibility and control for enterprises worldwide. Velocity is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. Velocity is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru, a global leader in private equity investments in growth-oriented technology and technology-enabled companies. For additional information on the firm and its entire portfolio, visit www.silverlake.com.
About Nidec Motor Corporation
Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC) is a leading manufacturer of commercial, industrial, and appliance motors and controls. The NMC product line features a full line of high efficiency motors, large and small, which serve industrial, residential and commercial markets in applications ranging from water treatment, mining, oil and gas and power generation to pool and spa motors, air conditioning condensers, rooftop cooling towers and commercial refrigeration. It also makes motors, controls and switches for automotive and commercial markets. Brands include U.S. MOTORS®, SR DRIVES®, HURST®, RESCUE®, ECOTECH EZ™. http://www.nidec-motor.com/
- ^ Oracle® Platinum Partner (velocitycloud.com)
- ^ www.VelocityCloud.com (www.velocitycloud.com)
- ^ www.silverlake.com (www.silverlake.com)
- ^ http://www.nidec-motor.com/ (www.nidec-motor.com)
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/1/26/11G080281/Images/Oracle_Velocity_Application-2e0d49dda4f0995bb5ba39a05e256cad.jpg (www.marketwire.com)
- Revolutionary Retail IoT Solutions Based on the Intel IoT Platform
- HighJump Announces Hours of Service Integration With Rand McNally #ELD
- Northern Quest Deploys CDI's GlobalSuite Advanced Casino Analytics Solutions
- Intrinsyc to Present at Cantech Investment Conference
- Industrial Touch Panels Meet Intl Certif for Automation, Control, Info Applications
- Grocery Chain Adopts Digimarc Enhanced Packaging
- Nationwide Global Effort to Support Data Privacy Day
- IoT (Internet of Things) Market Worth $1.88 Trillion by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Three Companies Win the LoRa(R) Alliance Global IoT Challenge
- Companies Partner to Enable NFC in Financial Self-Service Terminals
- Omni-ID (RFID) Secures $21M in Funding to Support Industrial IoT Solutions Demand
- SATO Global Solutions Joins Global Alliance For the Supply Chain #nrf16
- Dandy Lab and Cisco Change How Consumers Shop - 'Living Laboratory' for Retail Tech
- RFID Journal Launches Japanese-Language Website
- RetailNext Showcases Software Ecosystem at #NRF16
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.