BEAVERTON, Ore., Jan. 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corp. (NASDAQ: DMRC) today announced that New Seasons Market, a leading grocery chain that prides itself on its unique neighborhood grocery shopping experience, is adopting Digimarc Barcode for its partner brands products to increase checkout speed and boost brand loyalty and customer satisfaction. Partner branded products with Digimarc-enhanced packaging will start appearing on New Seasons shelves in the first quarter of the year.
With stores throughout Washington, Oregon and Northern California, New Seasons is a champion of the communities it serves and is known for its loyal following of customers who care about their food and the store they bought it from. The Digimarc Barcode is imperceptibly replicated across all sides of a package and does not infringe upon existing designs. The package can be scanned at any angle, significantly increasing checkout speed and accuracy. This saves the retailer money, as well as improving the customer experience at checkout, by allowing cashiers to interact with their customers during the process and ensure they received an optimal in store experience.
In addition, the Digimarc Barcode makes product information more readily available to consumers as they shop in the aisle with their smartphones, ranging from inspirational cooking ideas to stories behind their local suppliers. Smartphone-assisted shopping is an increasingly common trend, with a recent Harris Poll survey finding 78 percent of U.S. adult shoppers want more information about the products they are looking to purchase. The technology also can be used for deli product labels and point of purchase signage.
"New Seasons prides itself on providing a shopping experience that is more than just a transaction," said Sean Teisher, senior IT director at New Seasons. "Working with Digimarc gives us the ability to let our knowledgeable and passionate staff be the crucial customer touch point we want them to be. It's important to us that our employees are able to devote their attention to customers and make sure they are able to help in any way they can."
"New Seasons is a leader in creating neighborhood gathering places, delivering trademark customer service and partnering with farmers and producers to bring their customers the best in the region," said Bruce Davis, CEO at Digimarc. "We are excited for the role our Digimarc Barcode will play in further enhancing consumer engagement with their brands at retail and making greater product information accessible in a simple and easy way."
Learn more about Digimarc Barcode at https://www.digimarc.com/products/discover/barcode.
- Nationwide Global Effort to Support Data Privacy Day
- IoT (Internet of Things) Market Worth $1.88 Trillion by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Three Companies Win the LoRa(R) Alliance Global IoT Challenge
- Companies Partner to Enable NFC in Financial Self-Service Terminals
- Omni-ID (RFID) Secures $21M in Funding to Support Industrial IoT Solutions Demand
- SATO Global Solutions Joins Global Alliance For the Supply Chain #nrf16
- Dandy Lab and Cisco Change How Consumers Shop - 'Living Laboratory' for Retail Tech
- RFID Journal Launches Japanese-Language Website
- RetailNext Showcases Software Ecosystem at #NRF16
- Ingenico Group Sees 54 Percent YOY Growth in US Retail Segment #nrf16
- Ingenico Group Accelerates EMV and NFC Acceptance in Unattended Environments #nrf16
- 4R Systems Enables Retailers with Limited Store Space to Maximize Profit #nrf16
- New Next-Gen Industrial Tablets and Handhelds Support Multi-OS including Win 10
- Invengo Appoints VP Global Channel and Sr Director Technical Services
- Invengo Announces Investment Position in ATID (RFID)
- Pricer and Aisle411 to offer Smart Merchandising Technologies to Retailers #nrf16
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews