“With this operation Datalogic confirms its strong focus on technology, with a wide vision," states Romano Volta, Chairman/CEO of the Datalogic Group.
Eugene (PRWEB) February 01, 2016
On December 10th, 2015, the Board of Directors of Datalogic S.p.A. (Borsa Italiana S.p.A.: DAL), a company listed in the STAR Segment of the Italian Stock Exchange managed by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. (“Datalogic”) and a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets, and world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, vision systems and laser marking equipment, announced a new investment in RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology via the 20% acquisition of CAEN RFID Srl, a Tuscan company at the forefront of RFID in the UHF (Ultra High Frequency) band.
Datalogic will become a shareholder of CAEN RFID through a capital increase of 550,000 Euro, to drive company development and growth. The operation, which Datalogic financed, is also enhanced by a commercial agreement between the two companies that includes, the combined development of new products and the integration of Datalogic and CAEN RFID’s current offerings and solutions.
The technology developed by CAEN RFID, the first European company, founded in 2003, to design, manufacture and market UHF RFID readers, is currently among one of the most advanced in the RFID UHF sector. This acquisition enables Datalogic to widen its product offering, above all in the retail (non food), warehousing and T&L segments, through the co-development of new products and managing new application areas with a high growth rate.
The Chairman and CEO of the Datalogic Group, Romano Volta commented: “With this operation Datalogic confirms its strong focus on technology, with a wide vision. Indeed, thanks to this agreement with CAEN RFID, Datalogic can extend its offer with the development of complementary technology products, improve its competitive position and expand its presence in a highly innovative market with a strong potential for growth. The Datalogic Group can offer its partners and customers the best solutions in all the sectors in which it operates, while keeping a watchful eye on new business opportunities and innovative technology”.
Marcello Givoletti, CEO of the CAEN Group S.p.A., commented: “We are proud of Datalogic's decision to participate in our growth project. Thanks to Datalogic's experience and CAEN RFID's leadership in the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) sector, we are confident that together we will succeed in developing new solutions in the RFID sector where there is huge potential. With this synergy between the two companies, CAEN RFID's current offer, which already covers all the typical areas of application of the technology, can be widened and improved. I would also like to recall the fact that CAEN RFID was one of the first partners of EPCglobal (Electronic Product Code), the consortium that defined the standards that are now globally recognized and accepted”.
Datalogic Group is a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets. As a world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, vision systems and laser marking systems, Datalogic offers innovative solutions for a full range of applications in the retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing and healthcare industries. With products used in over a third of world’s supermarkets and points of sale, airports, shipping and postal services, Datalogic is in a unique position to deliver solutions that can make life easier and more efficient for people. Datalogic S.p.A., listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001 as DAL.MI, is headquartered in Lippo di Calderara di Reno (Bologna). Datalogic Group as of today employs about 2,400 members of staff worldwide distributed in 30 countries. In 2014 Datalogic Group achieved revenues for 464,5 million Euro and invested over 43 million Euro in Research and Development with a portfolio of over 1,100 patents across the world. For more news and information on Datalogic, please visit http://www.datalogic.com.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries, including the U.S.A. and the E.U.
Read other news stories:
- Glamorise Selects New ERP to Support Expansion and Supply Chain Processes
- Retail Analytics Market Growth at 20.59% CAGR Forecast to 2020 Driven by...
- Software Company Creates Innovative Shipping Inventory Tool for Nidec Motor Corp
- Dolphin RFID Rolls Out Strategy With Enhanced Focus on Internet of Things (IoT)
- Revolutionary Retail IoT Solutions Based on the Intel IoT Platform
- HighJump Announces Hours of Service Integration With Rand McNally #ELD
- eAgile Announces Production of the eSeal RFID Solution for Sealed Caps and Closures
- Northern Quest Deploys CDI's GlobalSuite Advanced Casino Analytics Solutions
- Intrinsyc to Present at Cantech Investment Conference
- Industrial Touch Panels Meet Intl Certif for Automation, Control, Info Applications
- Grocery Chain Adopts Digimarc Enhanced Packaging
- Nationwide Global Effort to Support Data Privacy Day
- IoT (Internet of Things) Market Worth $1.88 Trillion by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Three Companies Win the LoRa(R) Alliance Global IoT Challenge
- Companies Partner to Enable NFC in Financial Self-Service Terminals
- Omni-ID (RFID) Secures $21M in Funding to Support Industrial IoT Solutions Demand
- SATO Global Solutions Joins Global Alliance For the Supply Chain #nrf16
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews