Bath (UK), 26 April 2016 – The Last Mile Consortia (LMC) is pleased to announce its first LMC Forum as a co-located event during the 14th RFID Journal LIVE! 2016 annual conference and exhibition in Orlando Florida on May 4th 2-5 pm
The LMC Forum (website) at the RFID Journal LIVE! 2016 annual conference and exhibition will feature an expert group of speakers discussing the many uses of Radio Frequency Identification across rail operations, as well as passenger support, freight security, intermodal visibility, impact on standards and regulations, and cost-effective end-user models from LMC's and its partners' implementations.
Scott Medford, CSO Invengo Technology and Chairman of the LMC: “The LMC Forum is a must for anyone who has anything to do with Radio Frequency Identification in Rail and Transport. An excellent opportunity to find out more about the latest technological developments and innovations and meet with industry experts.”
- China Rail Introduction (video); Getting on with the Job / The Holy ‘Rail’? / How I discovered Rail RFID. Speaker: Scott Medford (CSO, Invengo Technology; Chairman LMC)
- The Use of Radio Technology in the New Rail Age. Speaker: Brian Concannon (one of the world’s leading locomotive test engineers and an authority on RFID in railways)
- Panel Discussion: About the Rail Industry and RFID, American Railroad Act and the adoption of standards. Chaired by: Joe McKinney (former Chair of EU committee on Smart Ports, Smart Rail and Smart Transportation). Speakers: Pete Martin (1st Choice RFID/LMC member) and Ken Schoening (A-ONE RFID/LMC member)
- Update; LMC’s Role and Future and How You Can Be a Part of It. Speaker: John Greaves (Secretary-General LMC)
About Last Mile Consortia (LMC)
The Last Mile Consortia (LMC) is a collective of companies that provides every aspect of the scope required to enable new and usable railway connections and terminals. The LMC has established the requirement and need for the service, and is well-connected and supported by a number of significant client and sovereign state organizations. The use of wireless, RF and RFID technologies in rail development and delivery is well known, and the role of LMC includes the formulation of advanced, robust radio and wireless technologies to support the operation of railroads, both passenger and freight.
About RFID Journal LIVE! 2016
RFID Journal LIVE! is the world's largest and most important event focused on radio frequency identification and related technologies. Now in its 14th year, LIVE! features more than 200 exhibitors from around the world. The conference program, which features more than 100 sessions -including more than 50 new end-user case studies- is comprised of preconference seminars, the main conference (keynotes and tracks) and post-conference master classes and workshops.
Other Bar Code news blogs that may interest you:
- FLEXE Named a 2016 Cool Vendor in Supply Chain Services by Gartner
- Ad Victoriam Solutions Acquires Mobile and IoT Practice
- Allerpet Implements Digimarc Barcode to Enhance Product Packaging, More Consumer Info
- Scandit Showcases Barcode Scanning Technology at Xamarin Evolve 2016
- CGS Enhances BlueCherry Shop Floor Control for Mobile Access
- oti and Microtronic Partner to Bring First Open and Closed Loop Payment Solution
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.