FREMONT, Calif., May 4, 2016 — Identiv, Inc. (NASDAQ: INVE) today announced the launch of the newest addition to its RFID Library Labels product offerings, the TOM® Media Label, at RFID Journal LIVE! 14th Annual Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Florida. RFID Journal LIVE! is the world's largest and most important event focused on RFID and related technologies.
Identiv’s RFID Library Labels are widely used for automatic data capture in library applications (i.e., academic, public, corporate, and other special applications). RFID technology provides an enhanced user experience for library applications and in related industries that require item tracking. Typical applications include self check-in/check-out, RFID gate, library article return (i.e., book, CD, or DVD), inventory management, product sorting, theft prevention, and queue busting.
Identiv’s 13.56 MHz TOM (Tag On Metal) Media Label is a unique label addressing the need to monitor and track the growing number of electronic devices used in the library industry, including tablets and laptops. This new form factor is larger than others available today (180 x 146 mm or 7.1 x 5.75 in), can be used worldwide due to its compatibility with existing product infrastructure (i.e., ISO/IEC 15693 compliant readers), and due to its long read range, meets the needs for the most demanding applications.
“The library market has embarked upon a huge transformation with the integration of electronic device support,” said Stephane Ardiley, Director of Product Management. “With the addition of tablets, laptops, and mobile devices to library services, Identiv’s RFID product offerings, including our new TOM Media Label, deliver superior contactless solutions for simplified inventory management and item tracking. Specifically tuned for metal environments, this label provides optimum readability when attached to electronic devices.”
Samples of Identiv’s RFID Library Labels, including the new TOM Media Label, will be available during the conference. RFID Journal LIVE! runs May 3 - 5, 2016 at Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. To book a meeting with the Identiv team, please fill out this form or stop by booth 449 during the event.
More news from RFIDLive:
- #RFIDLive - Identiv Launches Comprehensive UHF Tags for the Internet of Things Market
- CYBRA Announces RFID Lock and EnCode SmartSeals that are Tamper, Temperature Sensing
- Mobeam Surpasses 40 Million Barcode Beaming Transactions at Retail POS
- Ophir Announces Photodiode Sensor For Measuring Power Of Laser Bar Code Scanners
- Smartrac Launches World’s First Passive Temperature-level Sensing Inlay #RFIDLive
- Invengo To Launch New RAIN RFID IoT Reader At #RFIDLive
- Open-Q(TM) Embedded Computing Solutions at Several IoT Industry Events
- Microscan Slated to Release Smart Camera Platform for Barcode Reading, Machine Vision
- Mojix Brings Wide-Area RFID Systems, IoT Software Solutions to #RFIDLive
- Impinj Enhances ItemSense Capabilities, Announces Monza RFID Tag Chip for Automotive
- Impinj Announces Investments in Channel Program Including New Partner Portal and VP
- Fujitsu Delivers New Family of UHF RFID Tags for Linens, Apparel at #RFIDLive
- SMARTRAC at #RFIDLive Showcasing Innovations For a Smarter Internet of Things
- Checkpoint Expands Health and Beauty RFID Label Portfolio #RFIDLive
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews