ITM's Advanced Features Expand Latitude's Receiving Capabilities, Allowing Users to Schedule Incoming Freight and Track Carrier Performance
BOTHELL, WA--(Marketwired - Jun 2, 2016) - PathGuide Technologies, a leading provider of warehouse management system (WMS) solutions for industrial and retail distributors, today announced the availability of a new inbound transportation and dock scheduling module that integrates seamlessly with the company's Latitude WMS. Developed in conjunction with several Latitude users, the Inbound Transportation Management module provides dashboards and other tools that make it easy to automate inbound delivery scheduling and record-keeping for external carriers, while helping to better assign staff and equipment when and where they are needed.
"Inbound transportation management is not something that is often requested," said Andrew Weith, founder of ASW Global Consulting, a software consulting business that specializes in ERP and WMS technologies. "Most folks don't yet have an understanding of the gains to be found by managing this part of the warehouse process."
After receiving requests from existing customers to integrate delivery management capabilities into Latitude, PathGuide discovered that most small and medium-sized warehouses currently use old-school whiteboards, basic spreadsheets or calendars to track and manage incoming deliveries.
"This Inbound Transportation Management module for Latitude isn't just an electronic whiteboard to assign a dock door for a truck," said Greg Laycock, vice-president of research and development at PathGuide. "What makes this module so valuable is the powerful metrics that give managers the ability to plan staffing levels, evaluate inbound carriers and reduce errors in receiving. Latitude already handles receiving extremely well, so extending this expertise into inbound transportation allows our customers to manage time, space, people and vendors much more effectively."
End users can access and update the delivery schedule through an RF terminal or Latitude's web interface using the new module. They can easily see which trucks have arrived, which are being unloaded, and which deliveries have been completed. The system stores data on all deliveries, giving management documentation and evidence of any issues. For example, if an inbound carrier consistently arrives late or delivers damaged shipments, the distributor now has an accurate record of those incidents and can use the information to bring it to the carrier's attention, negotiate a better price or find another carrier.
About PathGuide Technologies
PathGuide Technologies, Inc., a privately held company founded in 1989, is a leading provider of warehouse management solutions for industrial & retail distributors across North America. PathGuide's software and services help suppliers increase productivity and order accuracy, improve customer service and lower labor costs, ultimately driving greater profitability. To learn how distributors of all sizes can benefit from improved warehouse management, visit www.pathguide.com.
MORE barcode, RFID, supply chain and warehouse management content:
- Specialty Retailer To Automate Collection of Detailed Product Info From Suppliers
- MapR Executives to Present on Apache Drill, IoT, and Healthcare Data Architectures
- Augumenta SmartPanel Puts New Face on Augmented Reality for Industrial Applications
- World’s First Rugged Tablet with 3D Camera Coming to MobileDemand Product Line
- SmartMetric Releases Dual Purpose Biometric Access Control and Identity Security Card
- GuardRFID Completes Field Trials of its RTLS System for Hazardous Areas
- New Video Showcases the Smart Building Revolution
- Vend Launches Free Barcode Scanner App For Inventory Management For Retailers
- BizSlate Increases Inventory Accuracy and Efficiency for Shopify Businesses
- City of Fort Saskatchewan Chooses Infolinx™ WEB for Managing Physical Records
- Identiv Is Awarded 2015 Vendor of the Year by Identification Systems Group
- Datalogic introduces the DL-Axist PDA
- Barcode Beaming Powers Loyalty and Membership Cards in Latest Samsung Pay Release
- New PrintKit App from Infinite Peripherals® Expedites Mobile Printing of Barcode Labels