BEAVERTON, Ore., Nov. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) today announced Berry Plastics adds Digimarc Barcode to its consumer package solutions and becomes a new Digimarc partner. Berry Plastics Group, Inc. is a leading provider of plastic consumer packaging and engineered specialty materials delivering high-quality customized solutions to approximately 17,000 customers globally and supporting more than 91,000 stock keeping units (SKU). Customers of Berry Plastics can contact their company representative to request enhanced packaging featuring the Digimarc Barcode.
"Packaging today needs to be smart and responsive to consumer expections," said Andy Drotleff, Director of Sales, Consumer Products, Berry Plastics. "We believe the Digimarc Barcode enables brands to enhance the shopping experience by seamlessly providing more product information through intelligent labeling and packaging in the aisle and at home, as well as quicker checkout. The Digimarc Barcode presents the next wave of digitally-enhanced packaging."
The Digimarc Barcode is a unique, imperceptible data carrier repeated across the entire graphic design of a package, and contains the same Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) information found in traditional UPC barcodes. Digimarc Barcodes are nearly invisible to consumers and can be incorporated into virtually any form of media, including product packaging, without taking up any space unlike traditional barcodes or QR codes. The Barcode enhances the consumer shopping experience by improving ease and speed of scanning at checkout, and creating valuable mobile engagement options in the aisle and at home.
"Through our partner program, we will work closely with Berry Plastics to drive new value and ease-of-use for customers looking for the latest packaging technologies," said Sean Calhoon, vice president of product management, Digimarc. "We appreciate their partner support and driving greater adoption of the Digimarc Barcode across their customer base."
Digimarc continues to expand its partner program working with design and pre-press companies, point-of-sale (POS) manufacturers, system integrators, as well as the company's collaboration with GS1 US and GS1 Germany to support information standards across the industry.
Learn more about Digimarc Barcodes at https://www.digimarc.com/products/discover/barcode.
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), based in Beaverton, Oregon, is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and the imperceptible Digimarc Barcode for automatically identifying and interacting with virtually any media. Digimarc Discover software enables industrial scanners, smartphones, tablets and other computer interfaces to reliably, efficiently and economically identify traditional barcoded items, along with many other media objects. Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to people and do all that visible barcodes do, but perform better. They can be applied to virtually all forms of media. These remarkable capabilities have allowed Digimarc and its business partners to supply a wide range of patented consumer engagement, media management and security solutions across multiple consumer and government industry sectors. Digimarc owns an extensive intellectual property portfolio, with patents in digital watermarking, content identification and management, media object discovery, and intuitive computing more generally. For more information and the latest news, please visit www.digimarc.com and follow on Twitter at @Digimarc.
About Berry Plastics
Berry Plastics Group, Inc. is a leading provider of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials delivering high-quality customized solutions to our customers with pro forma net sales of $6.7 billion in fiscal 2015. With world headquarters in Evansville, Indiana, the Company's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BERY. For additional information, visit the Company's website at www.berryplastics.com.
SOURCE Digimarc Corp.
- ^ https://www.digimarc.com/products/discover/barcode (www.digimarc.com)
- ^ DMRC (studio-5.financialcontent.com)
- ^ Digimarc Barcode (www.digimarc.com)
- ^ intellectual property portfolio (www.digimarc.com)
- ^ www.digimarc.com (www.digimarc.com)
- ^ @Digimarc (twitter.com)
- ^ www.berryplastics.com (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161102/435506 (photos.prnewswire.com)
- ^ http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160106/319963LOGO (photos.prnewswire.com)
- ^ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/berry-plastics-adds-digimarc-barcode-to-consumer-packaging-solutions-300356525.html (www.prnewswire.com)
- ^ Link to http://www.digimarc.com (www.digimarc.com)
- Digimarc Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Eclipse Corporation Achieves Zebra Technologies Validation
- Scandit Launches Mobile Barcode Scanner SDK 5.0, Performance Over Handheld Scanners
- Topson Downs Selects Port Logistics Group for Omnichannel Logistics Services
- New Location for Seagull Scientific Madrid Office
- William Frick & Company Releases SmartCAT Asset Tracking Android App
- Webinar, “How to Automate Logistics and Streamline Operations with RAIN RFID”
- Identiv to Demonstrate FICAM Solution at New Government Office Open House
- DENSO Announces New Marketing Manager
- Teklynx International Among Milwaukee Business Journal's 2016 Best Places To Work
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.