BOSTON, March 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, will host a panel discussion on the impact of player tracking data on optimal play at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. Titled "Win the (Game) Day," the panel of experts will examine how real-time data is giving an edge to forward-thinking teams. The panel will take place on Friday, March 3 from 1:30 – 2:30pm ET at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
The panel will be hosted by Chris Herring, Senior Sports Writer at FiveThirtyEight and will include:
- Sam Ventura, Professor at Carnegie Mellon & Consultant, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Ben Lindbergh, Staff Writer at The Ringer & formerly of Baseball Prospectus
- Ben Falk, former Vice President of Basketball Strategy, Philadelphia 76ers
- Mitch Tanney, Director of Football Analytics, Denver Broncos
- John Bacon, Director of Operations, Zebra Sports
Zebra Technologies is the Official On-Field Player Tracking Provider of the NFL. The Zebra Sports Solution attaches RFID tags to player equipment to track their movements on the field, which enables coaches to gather performance data including speed, distance traveled, acceleration and deceleration. This allows coaches to conduct deeper analysis into formations and player tendencies which helps during game preparation.
"While all NFL clubs and stadiums employ the Zebra Sports Solution on game day, a growing number of teams in the NFL and on the collegiate level are acquiring the solution to optimize practice performance. The Zebra Sports Solution leverages the same tracking and location solutions technology that Zebra implements globally for multinational corporations in healthcare, retail, manufacturing and transportation and logistics to give real-time visibility to an organization's assets, people and transactions." -Jill Stelfox, Vice President and General Manager, Location Solutions, Zebra Technologies
About Zebra Technologies
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today's data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Other Barcode blogs of interest:
- TEKLYNX Improves Production Efficiency by 50% for Medical Device Manufacturer Microvention
- Smart Label Market Analysis By Technology (EAS, RFID), By Component
- GAO RFID Announces a New Long Range Personnel Tracking System
- BellHawk Introduces WIP Tracking Service, Solving Part Number Explosion for Manufacturers
- Enspire Commerce Enterprise Commerce Platform Solution Selected by ITA Group, Inc.
- Ivanti Unveils Study Showing Enterprises Ready to Transform Mobile Warehouse Solutions