SYDNEY, Australia – June 21, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced today that its award-winning DS3600-series ultra-rugged scanner has earned Australia’s most prestigious award Good Design®, in the Product Design Category.
Good Design Australia has a long history dating back to the 1950s and is well-established as an institution celebrating both design and innovation. The DS3600-series scanner was one of the submissions that met and exceeded the exact criteria of the jury. The jury consisted of 35 international design experts and assessed 244 shortlisted entries from all around the world.
- Zebra’s researchers and designers tested a range of end-users’ hand sizes and warehouse applications to arrive at the final design. The DS3600-series features innovative design elements that are focused on ergonomics and comfort for warehouse workers who hold the devices for long periods of time.
- Built to perform in the most extreme conditions, the Zebra ultra-rugged 3600 scanner series offers the industry’s highest drop, tumble and sealing specifications in its class and is the industry’s first IP67-certified scanner in its class capable of enduring complete water immersion for up to 30 minutes.
- The 3600 series can survive an eight foot drop to concrete and provides 23 percent more impact durability than other scanners in its class. It is also dustproof, sprayproof, and waterproof and features the industry’s only IP65-sealed cradle in its class.
- Zebra’s 3600 series offers industry-leading scan performance on both 1D and 2D bar codes - whether it is a high-density bar code, displayed on the screen of a mobile phone, under heavy shrinkwrap or printed on paper and damaged or dirty.
- The vibrant green color of the DS3600 makes it more visible and easier to find in dimly lit industrial environments.
- The DS3600-series scanner received the International Forum (iF) Design Award and the Red Dot Award for exceptional design earlier this year.
Jury Committee, Good Design Australia
“Beautifully detailed design with solid ergonomics and fit for purpose functionality – the designers have done a remarkable job in designing for use in harsh environments. The jury commends the clever positioning of the main user interface at the top of the unit to enhance the overall functionality and ease of use of the scanner.”
Curt Croley, Senior Director, Innovation and Design, Zebra Technologies
“We are extremely honored to receive this design recognition from Good Design, which is the culmination of extensive design studies and human-factors research our design team invested into developing the ultra-rugged DS3600-series scanners. This award serves as tremendous affirmation and encouragement for what we do. We will continue innovating and developing new products and solutions that are functional, easy-to-use, and deliver the best results for our customers.”
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Other Bar Code News:
- Coca-Cola, Dot Foods, REI CO-OP, Target, Tegu and Upper Lakes Foods Recognized with Awards
- Arkieva Positioned as a Visionary in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales and Operations Planning Systems of Differentiation
- Transportation Insight Honored with Top Green Supply Chain Award
- Retail Solutions, Inc. (RSi) to Present with the Kellogg Company and Ahold USA at GS1 Connect 2017
- It's RFID Tags For Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills Uniform System
- EVRYTHNG Announces First Connection of GS1 Identifiers with the IoT at Industrial Scale
- Western Computer Named to Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARs for 2017