With sustainability at the heart of the company, Arçelik's award recognizes the company's ongoing work with suppliers in improving its transparency and sustainability across its supply chain through its innovative 'Transparency in Business' training programme. The programme, which was rolled out over 2015 and 2016, provides Arçelik's suppliers with training, coaching and development in sustainability reporting, and certification across social, environmental, human rights and ethical issues.
By empowering and equipping their suppliers with the expertise to be more sustainable, Arçelik has not only seen social benefits for the company and their suppliers, but also become more financially competitive in its main export markets in Europe and the United States.
Arçelik's recognition in the recent CIPS awards continues to solidify the company's reputation as a sustainability leader, after the company became the first-ever Turkish manufacturing company to join the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index last month.
The CIPS Supply Management Awards Europe in association with ProcureCon Europe, is a respected benchmark of excellence within the procurement and supply chain professions. With the categories covering the full breadth of the procurement field, including corporate responsibility, people development and supplier relationships.
Commenting on the award, Polat Şen, Arçelik A.Ş. CFO said: "We're honored to receive the prestigious CIPS Supply Management Award recognizing our on-going work with our suppliers to uphold the sustainability values we embody as a company. At Arçelik we're proud to be an industry leader in embedding sustainability throughout our entire value chain. This commitment reinforces our position as a responsible business, encouraging our supply chain to stimulate innovation and enhance their competitive advantage".
Other Barcode News:
- Scanbuy SmartLabel Implementation For Both Consumer Engagement and Logistical Support
- Radio Frequency Identification Devices Market Key Players, Radiant
- Loftware Spectrum® 3.5 Introduces Business Intelligence to Enterprise Labeling
- Socket Mobile Reports Profitable Growth for the Third Quarter and Nine Months
- APICS Logistics Credential Quickly Surpasses 1000 Certifications
- AIM NA Releases Position Statements on AIDC in the Public Sector
- Destination Group Selects PlumSlice Labs to Create Enriched Data Command Center
- IDTechEx Finds That Passive RFID Sensors Overtake Battery Assisted RFID Sensors
- VelociData – A World Leader in Heterogeneous and Stream Computing – Receives its 100th Patent
- Smart Mobility Electronic Tolling Solution to Canada’s A25 Highway
- Large Companies See Mobility, Security, Complexity as Top Challenges
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.