Datalogic, a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, is pleased to announce SLS-B5, the first model of LASER SENTINEL, the new innovative solution for safe area scanning. SLS-B5 will be soon followed by models with increasing features that will cover a large variety of applications in factory automation and intralogistics.
This complete application-oriented solution, based on the safe monitoring of a two dimensional area, includes all the functions needed for static applications (such as robot cells, machine protection, machine opening protections, etc.) as well as dynamic applications (automated guided vehicles, automated guided carts and forklifts).
Thus completing the unique Datalogic portfolio of products, LASER SENTINEL offers a high level detection performances, encased in a compact device, extremely reliable even in the harshest industrial environments with dust, dirt or light interferences, thanks to the innovative optical features and signal filtering.
Modern efficient production methods and logistic processes require new technologies, and aspects of safety and security engineering have to be included in the planning to guarantee accurate operation without danger or unwarranted work stoppage.
Datalogic LASER SENTINEL complete family will go beyond the basic safety function of delivering a safe stop signal when a person or an obstacle is detected in the set safety area. It will make possible to configure up to dozens different area sets, activated depending on position, speed and movement of vehicle. In addition to its safe functionality, LASER SENTINEL will measure the distance of the objects around it and the data sent over Ethernet port will be used by the Vehicle control system for direct navigation, or by the Machine in order to check the correctness of the production process.
An intuitive Graphic User Interface allows easy programming of the entire system and backup memory makes maintenance quick, without the need to download the program.
Like any other safety product designed and produced by Datalogic, LASER SENTINEL has been certified according to the most recent European safety standard harmonized with the Machine Directive, with the supervision and control of the independent and renowned TÜV SÜD, a world leader in product testing and certification, endorsed by leading quality and safety marks.
LASER SENTINEL is also UL certified, which means that the American safety consulting and certification company headquartered in Illinois, has tested the product and determined that it meets UL's requirements. UL is one of the companies approved to perform safety testing by the U.S. federal agency “Occupational Safety and Health Administration” (OSHA), and is accredited by the “Standards Council of Canada” (SCC) as a nationally recognized “Standards Development Organization” (SDO) to develop “National Standards of Canada” (NSCs) and “National Adoptions of Canada” (NACs).
Key Features of LASER SENTINEL complete family:
- All necessary functions in a compact size
- Easy programming of the system with intuitive Graphic User Interface
- Up to 4 scanners can work together without any need of external controller
- Speed monitoring and 70 switch areas for movable applications
- More than 72 square meters are monitored, thanks to 5.5 m radius over 275°
- Dynamic Muting available and selectable detection capability for vertical applications
- Measurement data available over Ethernet to aid the navigation of AGVs
Other Barcode News:
- BarTender Named Top Technology For Food Logistics
- Omron Microscan Introduces the LVS-7510 Print Quality Inspection System
- Intellicheck Enhances Sales Force with Citibank Fraud and Risk Expert
- A “Digital Seal” for a Wide Range of Products: Smartrac Introduces Circus Tamper Loop Tags
- HighJump Honored with 2017 Supply & Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Award
- Greenway Auto Group Reduces Time to Inventory Cars By 60 Percent With Zebra Technologies
- Meyers sells sister company, Verify Brand, to Quebec-based Optel
- Vu360 Solutions Announces New Agricultural Supply Chain Technology
- Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
- RELEX Solutions Recognized in 2017 RIS News Software Leaderboard
- SPOON GURU TAGS™ Opens Up Possibilities, Offers Relevance, Accuracy and Ease
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.