BEAVERTON, Ore., Feb. 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), inventor of the Intuitive Computing Platform™ featuring Digimarc Barcode, reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2017.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Financial Results
Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2017 totaled $4.9 million compared to $5.2 million in the same quarter a year-ago. The decrease was primarily due to lower license revenue reflecting the impact of the $3.5 million upfront license fee we realized in the third quarter of 2017 whereby we waived any future royalty obligations from this licensee in one of the licensed fields of use.
Operating expenses for the fourth quarter of 2017 totaled $11.5 million compared to $9.0 million in the same quarter a year-ago. The increase was primarily due to higher investment in sales, marketing, and engineering as the company continues to address important opportunities in market development and delivery of Digimarc Discover and Digimarc Barcode.
Operating loss for the fourth quarter of 2017 totaled $8.7 million compared to an operating loss of $5.9 million in the same quarter a year-ago. The higher operating loss was primarily due to higher operating expenses.
Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2017 totaled $8.4 million or $(0.76) per diluted share, compared to net loss of $5.8 million or $(0.57) per diluted share in the same quarter a year-ago.
Other industry news:
- Zebra Releases Q4 2017 Financial Results
- Honeywell Uses Simple, Cost-Effective RFID Tags To "Connect" Safety Equipment
- Distillers Using State-of-the-Art Technology Solution to Detect Fake IDs
- Asset Panda Launches Device Data Agent for Improved IT Management and Audits
- Flex-Strut Inc. Increases Label Printing Speed by 100% through ERP Integration with TEKLYNX
- Jewelers Increasingly Afraid of Theft, Senseon Secure Access Survey Finds
- Cognex Reports Record Revenue, Earnings and EPS for 2017
- FIME accredited to deliver intelligent e-ticketing testing and certification services
- Zebra Revolutionizes Field Worker Productivity with New Durable Smartphone
- Bar Code News Magazine Latest Issue