LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Feb. 13, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced the launch of the TC25: a new rugged smartphone specifically designed for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The TC25 empowers field mobility workers to scan barcodes on parts, manage routes, and complete invoices on the spot.
The TC25 series offers a number of significant advantages over the pen and paper systems and consumer smartphone solutions in wide use among tradesmen, couriers, direct store delivery teams and merchandisers. The device’s durable exterior and powerful battery allow it to work the entire day, with a powerful onboard processor that runs the latest enterprise-class applications for job tracking, navigation and messaging. The TC25 is available through Zebra’s existing global reseller base and also a select number of mobile operators including Telefonica Spain.
- Durable and long lasting: The TC25 is designed to withstand heat and cold, dusty environments and accidental drops, reducing costly repairs while ensuring longer, more productive use.
- Scanning as it should be: The TC25 delivers the same Zebra 2D barcode scanning technology that powers many of the world’s best field service teams. It can accurately capture barcode information, even where labels are faded, damaged or dirty. Based on Zebra testing, the TC25 can capture barcodes substantially quicker than the cameras on consumer smartphones, saving time and making site visits more efficient.
- Effortless data capture and share: Zebra’s DataWedge is pre-installed on all TC25 devices, allowing businesses to send barcode data to their existing apps with no additional time required for additional programming.
- Longer lifespan: With Zebra OneCare™ SV for the TC25 and LifeGuard™ for Android™ support, extended security updates ensure the security of the operating system at all times over the lifespan of the TC25.
- Easier collaboration: Zebra’s Workforce Connect PTT Pro voice solution gives the TC25 walkie-talkie functionality, enabling instant PTT (Push-to-talk) calls between the TC25s and other compatible Zebra mobile devices, iPhones, iPads and select Android smartphones. Organizations can always reach their workers, providing teams with the collaboration required to improve customer service and workforce productivity.
- Power that lasts all shift: A complete range of accessories is provided which includes a hand strap, holster, snap-on power pack to support continuous use and a snap-on trigger handle which allows staff to use the TC25 for a wide range of tasks with reduced strain and improved efficiency. Ultra-versatile charging cradles enable the charging of multiple devices and power packs at once.
Antonio Fuentes, Operational Director, Correos Express Spain
“Correos Express selected Zebra’s TC25 because it was the ideal device for our operations in distribution centres. The ruggedness along with a built-in scanner, all day battery and Point of Delivery capability in a cost-effective form factor were the features that we needed to improve the productivity of our couriers and delivery capacity to respond to our customers demand. We look forward to working with Zebra as we continue to deploy the TC25 to our couriers.”
David Krebs, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Mobility & Connected Devices, VDC Research
“Small- and medium-sized businesses have to-date lacked the option of a purpose-built device that can reliably perform in remote or inclement conditions. The TC25’s durable design, long-lasting battery, robust scanning capabilities and options for extended care and life cycle support present an attractive proposition for these previously underserved businesses.”
Joe White, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“Our new durable smartphone was created to provide fast solutions that quickly and reliably resolve complex problems and ensure smooth communication in the field. As an alternative to outdated, and often inaccurate, pen and paper systems as well as flimsy and fragile consumer devices, the new TC25 provides smaller businesses a competitive advantage.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Other Barcode news of interest:
- Bar Code News Magazine Latest Free Issue
- Packaging Corporation of America and the $200 Million Gamble
- RAIN RFID Alliance to Sponsor 2018 UDI Conference
- Digimarc Sets Q4 and Full Year 2017 Conference Call for Wed Feb 21, 2018 at 5pm
- Socket Mobile Announces 2017 Fourth Quarter and Annual Results Release Date
- KOAMTAC Adds New Samsung Smartphone Cases for KDC470 SmartSled® Solution
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews