Manufacturers must put in place disciplined operations around strategic costing to prepare for the coming wave of changes in both their supply chains and customer bases.
TROY, Mich. (PRWEB) May 08, 2018
FACTON, the leader in Enterprise Product Costing (EPC), today announced that North America COO Mike Betz has been selected to deliver a presentation at the Autonomous Vehicle Summit in Novi, Michigan on May 16-17. Betz’s topic for the presentation is, “How Cost Estimators Can Strategically Approach Costing to Ensure Manufacturing Profit in the Autonomous Driving Market.”
“According to research by the Boston Consulting Group, new trends - including autonomous vehicles - will drive 40 percent of the automotive industry’s profit by the year 2035,” said Mike Betz. “Manufacturers must put in place disciplined operations around strategic costing to prepare for the coming wave of changes in both their supply chains and customer bases.”
Mike Betz will discuss the following points as part of his presentation:
- Results from independent market research to identify the best practices in costing and quoting in support of new business pursuit.
- Why companies need to consider costing as a mission-critical business function.
- How to use cost transparency as a supporting factor in successful bidding processes.
- How improved speed and accuracy in quoting processes leads to new business success.
- How to use costing data analysis to take your Industry 4.0 skills to the next level.
The Autonomous Driving Summit (ADS) 2018 is one of six events that make up CTI’s Automotive Week 2018. Other events included in Automotive Week are: CTI Symposium USA, ISO 26262, Automotive Diagnostics USA, Agile Automotive, and Automotive Glazing USA. More information is available online at: http://www.euroforum.de/landingpages/automotive-week/index.html.
The FACTON EPC Suite is the leading Enterprise Product Costing (EPC) solution for the automotive, aerospace, mechanical engineering and electronics industries. Its specific solutions offer robust answers to the requirements of executive management and individual departments within the enterprise. FACTON EPC enables standardized,
enterprise-wide costing independent of location and department for maximum product cost transparency throughout every phase of the product life cycle. Businesses accelerate their costing, achieve pinpoint cost accuracy and secure their profitability.
FACTON was founded in 1998 and has locations in Potsdam, Dresden, Stuttgart and Detroit. Hasso Plattner, founder and chairman of the supervisory board of SAP AG, has supported this innovative company since 2006. The international portfolio of customers includes Ford Motor Company, Henniges Automotive, Fisher & Company, DURA Automotive Systems, Airbus, Mahle Behr, MANN+HUMMEL, Porsche and other renowned manufacturers.
--- other news:
- Tryon Solutions Launches WMS Fixed-Fee Performance Testing
- Neology RFID Patent Claim Invalidated
- GS1 Connect To Feature More Than 90 Presenters
- Savi Receives Multi-Million Dollar RFID Technology Order For Last Tactical Mile Visibility
- RTLS Tracking Fails 40% of Time While in Use; MGM Solutions Presents Answer to RTLS Risks
- SMC³ Selected as 2018 Inbound Logistics Top Logistics IT Provider
- Arrive Logistics Selected For Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 Award Finalist in Central Texas
- Petrobras and FLEETCOR Partner to Bring Card-less Fuel Payments to BR Gas Stations in Brazil
- Waltonchain Says Hello to The World with Its Technical Supporter Silictec's RFID Chips