ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), a global leader in omni-channel solutions, announced that it will integrate the Yoti digital identity platform with its NCR FastLane SelfServ™ Checkout solution to help improve the shopping experience for customers buying age restricted items. Retailers in the US and UK are expected to trial the combined solution in the coming months.Age verification can make up over 50 percent of interventions at self-checkouts impacting checkout time for consumers. To help streamline the checkout process NCR is integrating Yoti’s age verification technology, letting shoppers buy alcohol and other age restricted items, without intervention.
Customers can verify their age in two ways:
- Individuals face the self-checkout’s built-in camera and in a matter of seconds, Yoti age detection technology will determine whether the person is over or under the required age limit for the product they wish to buy. This threshold is configurable by the retailer and is generally ten years above the legal limit.
- Alternatively, customers can use the free Yoti app, which combines their ID document and biometrics, to create a digital identity. People scan a QR code on the self-checkout screen using the Yoti app and share their verified age attribute in seconds.
“Removing the friction of the shopping experience is a primary goal of all our innovations,” said Dusty Lutz, Vice President and General Manager of the NCR Store Transformation Solutions Group. “Integrating .. click here to see the full press release
- ScanSource to Announce First Quarter Fiscal Year 2019 Results on November 6, 2018
- New FH-Series Vision System from Omron Introduces Unique Lighting Solution to Improve Defect Detection
- Lightspeed Unveils Retail Success Index Educational Tool
- KOAMTAC Introduces Extended Battery and Pistol Grip Companions
- Shot Blast Resistant Laser Marking for the Automotive Industry
- ASAP Systems Announces How Its Inventory System Has Assisted Penske Vehicle Service with Their Asset Tracking Solution
- Digimarc Previews Signal Rich Art, New Generation of Tools and Techniques to Design IoT-ready Packaging
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- American Nutrition Improves Productivity by 20% with Janam Rugged Mobile Computers