GREENVILLE, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCSC), a leading global provider of technology products and solutions, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended December 31, 2018.
|Quarter ended December 31,|
|(in millions, except per share data)|
|Non-GAAP operating income(1)||36.7||34.7||6||%|
|GAAP net income||20.0||8.0||151||%|
|Non-GAAP net income(1)||25.4||23.0||10||%|
|GAAP diluted EPS||$||0.78||$||0.31||152||%|
|Non-GAAP diluted EPS(1)||$||0.99||$||0.90||10||%|
|(1) Non-GAAP results exclude amortization of intangible assets related to acquisitions, change in fair value of contingent consideration and other non-GAAP items. A reconciliation of non-GAAP financial information to GAAP financial information is presented in the Supplementary Information (Unaudited) below.|
"We are very pleased with our outstanding second quarter results and continued successful execution of our strategic plan," said Mike Baur, CEO, ScanSource, Inc. "Our strategic plan is focused on building end customer solutions and enabling our channel partners to deliver more value."
For the second quarter of fiscal year 2019, net sales increased 1% to $1,046.0 million, reflecting sales growth in North America and Brazil. Organic sales, which exclude the impact from foreign currency translation and recent acquisitions, grew 3.2% year-over-year. Operating income increased to $29.7 million, as the expense for the change in contingent consideration related to Network1 decreased. Non-GAAP operating income increased 6% to $36.7 million, driven by higher sales volumes and higher margins.
On a GAAP basis, net income for the second quarter of fiscal year 2019 totaled $20.0 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, compared with net income of $8.0 million, or $0.31 per diluted share, for the prior-year quarter. Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter of fiscal year 2019 increased 10% to $25.4 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, compared to $23.0 million, or $0.90 per diluted share, for the prior-year quarter.
Forecast for Next Quarter
For the third quarter of fiscal year 2019, ScanSource expects net sales to range from $910 million to $970 million, diluted earnings per share to range (click for more)
- Code Making It Easier For Healthcare Industry to Integrate Barcode Scanning
- QR-Based Payments are Gradually Making Inroads into North America - ResearchAndMarkets.com
- TSC Acquires Diversified Labeling Solutions, Inc. (DLS), a Leading Labeling Solutions Provider
- New Layout Feature for Cloud-based Inventory and Asset Tracking System - ASAP
- FourKites Secures $50 Million Series C Funding to Spur Growth of Supply Chain Visibility Network
- CashtoCode Now Offers Unique Deposit Option for iGaming Operators Across 60,000 Locations
- New Partnership to Help Companies Reduce Counterfeit Goods Using Certified QR Code
- Jack Hamilton of Positek RFID to speak at HIMSS 2019 on the necessity to track Garments in Healthcare
- SCANSOURCE ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF BOARD CHAIRMAN, STEVE FISCHER
- Zebra Technologies to Acquire Temptime Corporation