GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) today announced preliminary, unaudited results for its third quarter ended September 28, 2019. All non-GAAP financial measures referenced in this document are defined and reconciled to GAAP in the attached pages A-4 through A-8. Unless otherwise indicated, comparisons are to the same period in the prior year.
“Third Quarter 2019 Financial Review and Analysis”
“We continue to deliver solid profit growth despite soft market demand,” said Mitch Butier, Chairman, President and CEO. “Our focus in this slower growth environment has been to protect our margins in the base business, while driving faster-than-average growth in high value categories like RFID, and we’re executing well on both fronts.
“For the quarter, Label and Graphic Materials delivered modest organic growth, as volumes improved relative to the first half of the year, and operating margin was strong; Retail Branding and Information Solutions delivered solid organic growth, as continued strength in RFID more than offset a slowdown in the base business, and operating margin remained strong; and IHM outperformed expectations on both the top and bottom lines, delivering solid organic growth and strong margin expansion.
“We have revised the high end of our guidance range for 2019 earnings per share, reflecting the incremental negative impact from currency translation, largely offset by stronger operational results and a modestly lower tax rate,” added Butier. “We’re confident in our ability to achieve our long-term targets, reflecting the resilience of our business and ability of our team to adapt to changing market conditions.”
Third Quarter 2019 Results by Segment
Label and Graphic Materials
- Reported sales declined 0.8 percent; on an organic basis ---- see the full release here
More bar code, label and RFID news:
- SensThys and Smartrac Partner to Provide RFID-Based Moisture, Temperature and Location Sensing Solution
- Dynamsoft Barcode Reader SDK Adds Support for Seven Barcode Types
- GS1 Trace-a-thon: More Than 80 Hackers Compete to Create Solutions That Help Make Supply Chains More Transparent
- 55% of Consumers Are Likely to Choose a Retailer Offering Self-Checkout, According to New BRP Report
- Accusoft Launches New Website to Better Reflect Position in the Marketplace
- Accusoft Releases Barcode Xpress .NET Core
- QR Codes and Blockchain App Make Farm To Coffee Cup Transparency Happen
- Keeping Business On The Cutting Edge, with Online Inventory System
- $18.2 Billion RFID Tags Markets - Global Outlook Report to 2026