NORCROSS, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FineLine Technologies Inc. (“FineLine” or the “Company”) has acquired Consolidated Printing Inc. (“CPI”), a leading provider of printed tickets for professional and collegiate sporting events and major entertainment and event venues throughout the United States.
“FineLine shares our commitment to providing excellent customer service, rapid delivery, and innovative solutions. We are excited to leverage FineLine’s RFID capabilities and data management solutions as we continue to grow our business.”
This acquisition marks FineLine’s strategic entry into event management, an industry in which the Company can leverage its advanced data management and RFID capabilities to improve complex ticketing processes. Event management is a core piece of the Company’s strategy to expand into additional industry verticals which require stringent data management and reporting functionalities and are apt to undergo continued logistics optimization.
“The acquisition of CPI will allow FineLine to offer its advanced data management and RFID production capabilities to the sports, entertainment, and event ticketing industries. Similar to other verticals, we see this industry moving rapidly from conventional printed tickets to RFID-enabled smart tickets, as evidenced by the NFL’s recent decision to adopt RFID-enabled ticketing,” said George Hoffman, FineLine’s Chairman and CEO.
“Since 1991, CPI has built an incredible business by providing high quality tickets to more than half of the teams in the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA, as well as to some of the most famous events and venues in entertainment, including the Emmy Awards, Madison Square Garden, and Carnegie Hall,” Hoffman continued.
Curtis Howells and William McKeever, co-CEOs of CPI, view FineLine as the ideal partner to help grow their business both in the U.S. and abroad. “Our customers are increasingly inquiring about smart ticketing and its ability to enhance fan engagement, reduce ticket fraud, and improve security. We are proud to say that in 2019 we successfully transitioned more than half of the NFL teams from conventional paper tickets to RFID-enabled smart tickets,” said Howells. “FineLine shares our commitment to providing excellent customer service, rapid delivery, and innovative solutions. We are excited to leverage FineLine’s RFID capabilities and data management solutions as we continue to grow our business.”
About FineLine Technologies
FineLine Technologies provides barcoded and RFID integrated labels, tags, and badges for supply chain, omni-channel fulfillment, POS, access control, and consumer engagement needs. FineLine produces billions of tickets annually through its global network of print hubs, delivering them in less than five days, on average. FineLine offers its more than 55,000 registered suppliers online order placement, tracking, and analytics to help customers efficiently manage their supply chains. FineLine is backed by growth equity investor Summit Partners. Learn more at www.finelinetech.com.
Consolidated Printing, Inc., is one of North America’s leading ticket manufacturers. A full-service commercial printer, CPI specializes in custom event ticket printing combined with state-of-the-art technologies. From design to delivery, the art room to the loading dock, CPI’s dedicated staff utilizes industry-leading equipment and technology, to ensure that every client receives a finished product which they can be proud of. Over the years, CPI has served organizations and events from nearly every field of the sports and entertainment industries, including teams from professional and college sport, as well as orchestras, ballets, museums, film festivals, awards ceremonies, concerts and tours, television shows and theme parks. Learn more at www.teamcpi.com.
More news and competitive intelligence:
- Impinj, Inc. Announces Pricing of Offering of $75 Million of 2.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2026
- ALOM Receives 2019 Supply & Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Award
- Aila Introduces Enterprise-Grade Barcode Scanning Software That Extends Data Capture to any iOS Device
- MPI Label Systems Partners With Kit Check To Provide Custom RFID Tags for Medication Inventory Tracking
- ScanTracked™ releases its flagship Cloud-based data collection and lookup platform
- Impinj Introduces Two New RAIN RFID Tag Chips for Global Markets Including Retail, Supply Chain, and Aviation
- TEKLYNX Launches New Blog On Barcode Labeling Processes
- Boehringer Ingelheim chooses NiceLabel solution to help support standardized labeling worldwide
- ScanSource to Present at Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- Atlas RFID Announces Annual Jovix Award Winners
- RFID For Russia - Moscow City Streamlines Parking Access and Control with Secure RFID
- Printronix Auto ID Boosts Productivity and Versatility with Introduction of T6000e Thermal RFID Printer Series
- In Wake of New Romaine Lettuce Recall Supply Chain Management and Food Traceability "More Important Than Ever"
- NEW: Suppliers Guide To Aviation RFID
- Reverse Logistics Workflow Added to Smartphone App
- Acuity Joins Honeywell Partner Program - Adds Scanning, Printing and Mobile Computing Solutions
- Inventory Pro Online Adds Integration With WooCommerce
- RFID Solutions Bring Clear Sightline Into $1.2 Trillion Shrink Problem
- Avery Dennison to Acquire Smartrac’s RFID Inlay Business
- Supply Dynamics Named National Champion in US Air Force Sponsored Microelectronics Supply Chain Provenance Challenge
- Metalcraft Launches RFID Company To Support Small Businesses