Parks Associates Hosts Tenth-Annual CONNECTIONS™ Europe Conference, 10-11 November, Amsterdam
DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Oct 1, 2015) - Research firm Parks Associates will discuss the implications of the rollout of smart meters across Europe during the seventh-annual CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home, 10-11 November, at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam. Deployments of these and other smart devices will increase consumer awareness of new smart home services, which will help drive the five-year (2014-2019) CAGR for adoption of smart home controllers in Western Europe to over 11%.
"Many European consumers have an energy tariff plan that provides a fixed monthly charge regardless of actual consumption. Smart meters can provide consumers much greater insight and awareness of their energy consumption, creating a market opportunity for energy-related smart products and services for the home," said Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls & Energy, Parks Associates. "At CONNECTIONS™ Europe, we will examine the progress of the smart home market as service providers and OEMs introduce new offerings and value propositions to consumers."
At CONNECTIONS™ Europe, industry leaders in the smart home market will join Kerber in the session "IoT: Adding Value to the Smart Home Experience" on Tuesday, 10 November, 13:30, to examine emerging smart products and value-added services that enhance the consumer experience and expand the competitive landscape. Speakers Include:
- Seb Chakraborty, CTO, British Gas Connected Homes
- Kurt Hoppe, VP, Applications & Services, Prodea
- Scott Hublou, VP of Global Connected Services, Salus
- Joe Liu, CEO, MivaTek
- Sebastian Popovic, CEO, Zipato
- Gemini Waghmare, CEO, UXP Systems
CONNECTIONS™ Europe will feature keynotes from Icontrol Networks, Nest Labs, and Viacom International Media Networks. Sponsors of the event include Icontrol Networks, AirTies, Alcatel-Lucent, Essence, Prodea, ROC-Connect, Tyco, ULE Alliance, UXP Systems, Z-Wave, ZigBee Alliance, MivaTek, and Zipato.
About CONNECTIONS™ Europe
CONNECTIONS™ Europe is the leading annual executive conference on the connected home and IoT ecosystems. The two-day event features consumer research and high-level analysis on connected devices and services, new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, and critical challenges in driving consumer adoption of entertainment, smart home, and IoT solutions.
- ^ CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Tom Kerber (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ "IoT: Adding Value to the Smart Home Experience" (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Sponsors (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Registration (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ http://www.connectionseurope.com (www.connectionseurope.com)
More Articles ...
- Resin.io Collaborates With Microsoft to Add IoT Management to Microsoft Azure
- Honeywell Launches New Mobile Computer
- 18% of U.S. Broadband Households Own a Smart Home Device
- Modernizing Food Safety With An iPad App From Sample6
- Minority Report? Hitachi Predictive Crime Analytics System
- Youredi and Temando partner in cross-border ecommerce solution
- Identiv Releases Connected IoT Premises Access Control Solution
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.