SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 23, 2016) - Healthcare technology leaders visiting HIMSS 16 next week will have a first-hand look at a unique network solution that enables IT to simply connect, protect and manage the growing number of medical devices deployed throughout healthcare facilities. Developed by Avaya, a global leader in business communications, with significant input from a leading healthcare organization, SDN Fx Healthcare is the first industry solution to address the management and security of the Internet of Things for healthcare that can help mitigate exposure in light of a rising number of security breaches.
Digital healthcare is driven by three needs: security, patient experience, and reducing skyrocketing costs. A 2015 report cited by Government Health IT indicates more than 34% of healthcare records have already been breached -- the highest figure of any industry. The top 10 breaches alone affected more than 111 million records. Industry analysts at IDC Health Insights predict that one in three health care recipients will be the victim of a healthcare data breach in 2016.
As the Internet of Things for healthcare takes hold, the massive proliferation of medical devices that generate critical, sensitive information to care teams represent potential vulnerabilities that can allow hackers to gain unauthorized access to highly sensitive information -- even through systems seemingly unrelated to healthcare technologies such as HVAC and PCI systems. Traditional networking infrastructures struggle to implement network segmentation as a foundational security measure.
"One of the challenges we encounter when auditing for security exposures in healthcare organizations is that once we have found an issue, the client's proposed solution is often complicated and un-scalable," said Kristie Moon, managing director, eProtex. "As we have been introduced to Avaya's SDN Fx Healthcare solution, we have been impressed how well it protects, and how much of the process is automatic. Healthcare organizations need security solutions with scalability to handle the growing number of devices at the edge and reduce the growing complexity incumbent with the adoption of advanced healthcare technologies."
Avaya SDN Fx Healthcare's unique security and inventory management solution for medical devices enables healthcare organizations to simply and confidently move forward with their digital health initiatives, allowing them to:
- Easily connect and segment medical devices, apps and networking traffic to radically improve security and protect against vulnerabilities
- Simplify and speed up device onboarding, mobility and management
- Automate inventory management
- Improve efficiency by enabling flow monitoring and control
More Articles ...
- Short Interest In Socket Mobile Stock Rises
- ManagedMethods Showcases Cloud Access Visibility Solutions at RSA Conf #rsac
- PayPal Announce NFC Upgrade, Mobile Wallet Partnership with Vodafone #mwc16
- AllSeen Alliance Adds Eight Members to Advance Open IoT Ecosystem #mwc16
- ANT Wireless Showcases Internet of Things High Node Count at Mobile World Congress #MWC16
- CBX Software's CEO Michael Hung Named "Pro to Know" by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- Zebra Sets Date for Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Results and Conference Call
- A Company Known for Industrial Equipment Looks to Become a Leader in Software For IoT
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews