CHESTERBROOK, PA--(Marketwired - June 13, 2016) -
- New AutoFinisher moves manufacturing jobs from scale to label in under one second
- Sync production data from AutoFinisher to DEACOM ERP for real-time reporting
- Palletize and generate a license plate label for all finished products
Deacom, Inc., the developer of a single-system Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, has launched its new AutoFinisher tool as part of its core ERP solution. Now process manufacturers of serialized or catch-weight products can efficiently weigh, serialize, label, palletize and report on production all within one, cohesive platform. Achieving this level of automation is particularly valuable for food and pharmaceutical industries where serialized and catch weight production adds complexity to the manufacturing process.
"There is a big push towards manufacturing automation and we believe that ERP solutions should play a key role in influencing this movement," said Scott Deakins, COO of Deacom. "By developing such capabilities that are native to our single-system ERP software, like the AutoFinisher, we are able to help support our customers in this progression. In fact, Deacom customers who are already using this feature have experienced drastic improvements in production efficiencies and results. This enhancement is just one example of Deacom's dedication towards the continuous product advancements designed to further enable the scalability of manufacturing companies."
Deacom's single-system ERP architecture allows the AutoFinisher to access and generate real-time data in the ERP platform. This is in sharp contrast to traditional ERP systems, which rely on heavy customizations and bolt-ons to support an entire business, including AutoFinisher-like capabilities. As more modules and customizations are implemented, the level of complexity begins to restrict business growth.
By building the AutoFinisher directly into the core DEACOM ERP software, the benefits to customers are significant:
- Weight Control: The AutoFinisher tool can receive catch-weight values directly from a scale or a machine without vendor configurations. Weight minimums and maximums are stored within DEACOM ERP and pulled in real-time to ensure the product matches the pre-determined specifications.
- Multi-Level Serialization: A configurable serial number can be setup within DEACOM ERP and leveraged by the AutoFinisher tool to automatically generate serial numbers for each unit, case, and/or pallet produced.
- Label Creation: A label with the relevant part information, catch-weight, serial number, and barcode can be automatically generated through the AutoFinisher tool in just 0.2 seconds. The label is created within DEACOM ERP and can be setup on an item-by-item basis if necessary.
- Pallet Traceability: Once a full pallet of material has been produced, a pallet label with a unique license plate identifier and barcode can be generated. This facilitates the movement and sale of the pallet through the DEACOM WMS.
- Production Management: Reports based on AutoFinisher data are available through DEACOM ERP so production managers can review performance of work centers and operators.
Food manufacturers producing catch weight items, such as meat, can gain a true competitive advantage from the AutoFinisher. Historically, these manufacturers manually label individual products based on their unique weights as they come off the production line. Deacom's new
tool automatically confirms that the catch weight item adheres to the weight specifications maintained within DEACOM ERP. It then produces the appropriate label for the product with the catch weight, serial number, and a barcode so it can be later used within DEACOM WMS.
For companies in the pharmaceutical industry where production lines run well over 100 units per minute, sustaining this rate while adhering to new regulatory demands is of great concern. The DEACOM AutoFinisher is able to generate serial number information and print relevant labels at unit, case, and pallet levels without affecting production speed.
The AutoFinisher enhancement is currently available to all Deacom customers. For more information, visit www.deacom.com.
About Deacom, Inc.
Deacom, Inc. is the producer of DEACOM ERP, a scalable, single-system ERP solution specifically designed to streamline operations for process and batch manufacturers. As the artisans of ERP software, Deacom operates upon the principle of "Complexity made Simple," developing a solution without customization or bolt-ons to increase efficiency and decrease the total costs of ERP ownership. The company's headquarters is located in Wayne, Pa. To learn more, visit www.deacom.com, follow on Twitter or call 1-877-4-DEACOM.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Invengo finalizes acquisition of Tagsys RFID Textile Services and Legacy Tag Business
- Access Development Introduces Next Generation Mobile Coupon App
- Regulatory Deadlines Will Drive Greater Adoption of Traceability Solutions
- Advantix Launches THINaër IoT Solution to Leapfrog RFID
- Accutech Security Announces CE Certification for ResidentGuard Wander Management Systems
- Wireless Network Solutions Selects Janam for its Inspection Management System