SYRACUSE, N.Y. January 5, 2017 — JADAK LLC, a global leader and supplier of Radio-frequency Identification (RFID), optical data collection and machine vision technologies, today announced that it has acquired the assets of ThingMagic (formerly a Division of Trimble). ThingMagic, based in Woburn, Massachusetts, provides Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID Reader Modules and Finished RFID Solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for a wide range of applications, including in the medical, retail, logistics, and airline industries.
RFID technology has emerged over the last decade as an efficient means of detecting and tracking retail products, medical consumables, airline baggage and many other types of tangible goods. RFID can be used as an alternative to barcode technology in applications where line of sight to the object being tracked is not available or desired, or when data stored on the object requires modification by the reader. ThingMagic has one of the industry’s widest arrays of UHF RFID products, complementing JADAK’s existing High Frequency (HF) RFID product line.
This marks JADAK’s second acquisition in the RFID market. In late 2015, JADAK acquired SkyeTek, a Denver, CO based provider of embedded and standalone HF & UHF RFID solutions for OEM suppliers.
“Combining ThingMagic’s products and services with the JADAK offerings enables us to provide our customers with enhanced UHF and desktop reader products, while adding a line of finished reader products,” said Janie Goddard, President of JADAK. “JADAK is committed to providing our healthcare equipment manufacturer customers with market leadership, advanced technology and products, and engineering expertise in the embedded RFID and finished reader markets. Together we will continue to innovate and deliver industry-leading RFID solutions for our customers. With the combination of Skyetek HF products and ThingMagic UHF products, JADAK has the broadest range of RFID products in the market,” said Goddard.
“RFID is a growing market, and this acquisition accelerates JADAK’s growth and market share within the industrial, retail and healthcare markets. In particular, it enables JADAK to provide OEM customers in the medical-technical industry with products that will further enhance their ability to deliver improvement around anti-counterfeiting, tracking of consumables, and protecting their revenue streams,” said Jeffrey Pine, Vice President of Business Development at JADAK.
JADAK, a Novanta company (NASDA: NOVT), specializes in machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. The company designs and manufactures embedded solutions that help customers solve unique inspection, tracking, scanning and documenting challenges. Since 2000, JADAK has focused on the health care market, and today is the leading provider of embedded solutions for medical device manufacturers. As JADAK continues to grow, the company has branched out into additional markets and offers solutions for the most demanding applications. JADAK’s headquarters and manufacturing are located in Syracuse, New York, with sales and technical locations across the globe. The company is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 registered. For more information, visit www.jadaktech.com.
ThingMagic, formerly a Division of Trimble, is a leading provider of UHF RFID reader engines, development platforms and design services for a wide range of applications. ThingMagic develops products for demanding high-volume applications and provides consulting and design services to create solutions for challenging applications. ThingMagic's customers include some of the world's largest industrial automation firms, manufacturers, automotive companies, retailers and consumer companies. Located in Woburn, Massachusetts, the ThingMagic business was founded in 2000 by a group of visionary PhD graduates from Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Media Lab. ThingMagic is "The Engine in RFID™". For more information, visit: www.thingmagic.com.
More news at Barcode.com:
- PINC Named to Food Logistics’ 2016 FL100+ Top Software and Technology Providers List
- Auburn University RFID Lab Certifies Tageos EOS-400 in all 11 Categories
- Tageos Strengthens its Sales Team in North America
- Smartrac Launches Grille and Fly Tags and Inlays for Demanding Industrial Applications
- ScanSource Communications Named Value-Added Distributor of the Year by ShoreTel
- Honeywell Named to Food Logistics 2016 List of Top Technology Providers
- Datalogic Introduces the PowerScan 9300 Laser Scanner Series
- NiceLabel among 100 leading technology providers key to global supply chain
- Zebra Technologies Recalls Power Supply Units for Thermal Printers Due to Fire Hazard
- Top Trends in Grocery Shopping for 2017 Announced, Including Sophisticated Barcodes
- BarTender by Seagull Scientific Named to Food Logistics Top Software and Technology List
- SuperCom Announces PureSecurity Deployment in Canada
- TEKLYNX Named to Food Logistics’ 2016 FL100+ Top Software and Technology Providers List
- Barcoding, Inc. Named to 2016 FL100+ List