As a cloud-based solution that collects data in real-time by utilizing Fujitsu-patented Flow Discovery Technology1 as well as RFID and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, REA 2.0 allows brick-and-mortar retailers to dive into the age of digital transformation, driving actions necessary to optimize everything from staff allocation and store layout to product placement and check-out queues. Types of shopper behavior collected include the number of visits per period, zonal volume of visitors, traffic flow through the store, number of repeat visitors, dwell time and sales department conversions that can be tracked, visualized, monitored and actioned. By leveraging expanded information sources, including camera feeds, point-of-sale (POS) and enterprise systems and external data (e.g. local weather), retailers can enhance shopping experiences to achieve meaningful business outcomes in-store and across the retail enterprise with fact-based trend data to anticipate operational needs more effectively.
"Our society has become increasingly digital, so it is imperative for brick-and-mortar retailers to become 'connected retailers,'" said Marc Janssens, executive vice president of Retail at Fujitsu America, Inc. "Retailers need an in-store technology solution that will provide as much insight into their customers as available with online shopping platforms. Fifty-two percent of customers still prefer to make purchases in a physical store2 and Fujitsu is dedicated to helping retailers leverage these untapped in-store insights to bring digital transformation from online to in-store. By changing the way they see their customers and utilizing the real-time insights from the Fujitsu REA 2.0 solution, retailers can provide a better in-store shopping experience, while optimizing their stores and driving sales."
Built at scale to process large volumes of data with speed and efficiency, REA 2.0 can be delivered either in-store or from the cloud. To address customer or country-specific privacy needs, Fujitsu can also deliver a privately-hosted version of the solution over its own secure Fujitsu Cloud, delivered via the company's global network of data centers to meet customers' security requirements.
- Flow Discovery technology is an extension to Fujitsu's Automated Process Discovery (APD) technology. Flow Discovery allows the shopper tracking through the store to be visualized using the facts and evidence from data sources to trace and render the route 'as it happens'. This approach and technology allows us to use non-invasive techniques to gather and process the evidence very efficiently into a comprehensive and accurate picture.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Other bar code news:
- Smartrac to Reinvent Brands and Retail at Retail’s Big Show in New York
- PetSmart streamlines Product Development, Supplier Community Management & more with CBX Cloud
- RELEX Helps Farm Boy to Boost Supply Chain Efficiency
- Coop Denmark Deploys New Tools To Cut Waste In Its 1,200 Stores
- BT Deploys Digital Store Pilot Solution For Thomas Pink
- Gerber’s AccuMark Family Gives New Dimension to Retail and Design
- Fujitsu Launches Next-generation In-Store Analytics Technology at NRF
- Fujitsu and Samsung Showcase New Retail Software for Wearables at #NRF 2017