RFID Journal has announced the finalists for its 2017 awards. The winners will be revealed at this year's LIVE! event, being held in Phoenix, Ariz., on May 9-11.
NEW YORK, April 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal, the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification, has unveiled the finalists for its 2017 RFID Journal Awards. The winners will be announced at RFID Journal LIVE! 2017, the company's 15th annual conference and exhibition, to be held at Arizona's Phoenix Convention Center on May 9-11. All finalists in the end-user categories will be invited to speak at the event, and the winners, along with the other end-user finalists, will receive a prestigious crystal award.
"The scope of projects expands each year as the technology matures," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "In many cases, the technology is being used in mission-critical applications and delivering incredible benefits. Attendees at LIVE! 2017 will benefit from hearing about these deployments and seeing the products chosen as among the best this year."
End-user companies were nominated in six categories:
Best Retail RFID Implementation
Best Manufacturing RFID Implementation
- Heraeus Noblelight America
- HP Brazil
Best Health-Care RFID Implementation
- Cook Medical Korea
- DIA Construction
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Best Logistics/Supply Chain RFID Implementation
Best RFID Implementation (Other Industry)
- Delta Air Lines
- Houston Forensic Science Center
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service
- Berntsen International
- Onis Data Solutions
The judges also selected 10 finalists for Best New Product being exhibited at this year's LIVE! event. The finalists are:
- Confidex's Links NFC portfolio
- Farsens' Rocky 100 RFID chip
- Guard RFID's Self-powered wireless RTLS
- HID Global's Seal Tag edTamper UHF
- Identiv's uTrust Sense Temperature Tracker (Generation 2)
- Kathrein RFID's RRU 4000 RFID IoT gateway
- NXP Semiconductors' UCODE 8
- STMicroelectronics' ST25DV dynamic NFC/RFID tag
- Tyco Retail Solutions' RFID Fitting Room
- Zebra Technologies' SmartSense for Retail
In addition, RFID Journal's editors will present the 2017 RFID Special Achievement Award to Ken Traub, principal at Ken Traub Consulting, for his work with GS1 to develop software standards for sharing Electronic Product Code (EPC) data.
LIVE! 2017 will feature eight conference tracks, seven in-depth preconference seminars and workshops, four post-conference seminars, three co-located events, fast-track training, RFID Professional Institute certification and more than 200 exhibitors showcasing the latest RFID products and solutions. For additional information, please visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live/.
About RFID Journal
Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal's websites for up-to-the-minute news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions related to radio frequency identification (RFID) and Internet of Things technologies (IoT technologies. This has made RFID Journal a trusted and respected information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID and IoT decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com and www.iotjournal.com.
- Bluestar Announces the Availability of Zebra Technologies' New DS2200 Series Barcode Scanners
- Zebra Technologies Awarded 5-Star Rating in CRN's 2017 Partner Program Guide
- Baxi Heating UK Improves with Zebra Technologies
- Checkpoint Systems Announces Density Tag for Ultimate Protection of Boxed Retail Store Merchandise
- Association Partners with GS1 US to Offer GS1 Standards Courses for Category Management
- Identiv to Showcase Access Control Solutions at ISC West 2017
- Toshiba Tec Unveils Mobile Printer Delivering Three-Inch Wide Labels and Receipts
- England Logistics Chooses Trucker Tools’ Load Track Platform for Total Shipment Visibility
- NGC Introduces the Andromeda Cloud Platform for the Connected Enterprise
- Leaders Of Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at #RFIDLIVE
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.