SAN FRANCISCO, May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global radio frequency identification (RFID) technology market is estimated to reach USD 40.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is expected to witness a steady growth owing to the increasing demand from the retail sector and the healthcare industry.
RFID technology has been in use for several years now; however, the recent growth in its applications across a wide set of industries, such as retail, transport, medical, and defense, among others, has spurred its adoption. The retail industry is at the forefront and has witnessed its technological reconnaissance with the use of RFID tags. An interesting fact of the retail sector is the way it has successfully passed on the benefits of the technology to other industries in the supply chain with the help of the mandates.
An important aspect of the RFID technology market is the varying nature of manufacturing and evidently the related costs. The past decade has seen a considerable reduction in the production costs with the advent of many new technologies such as printing and ink-jet. As the vendors benefit from these trends in the market, the increasing penetration of cost-to-volume benefits is expected to perpetuate to the end users.
RFID devices are anticipated to witness a surge in demand as the technological proliferation has led to an extensive use of smart cards, access control, and other NFC applications. In addition, the use of Ubiquitous Sensor Networks (USNs) and many short-range wireless communications, such as WiFi and Zigbee, is expected to help in the RFID market growth. To sum up the trends in the market, the RFID industry is anticipated to witness a healthy growth in the coming years with technology, cost, and size fueling its rapid deployment.
Browse full research report with TOC on "RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Technology Market Analysis By Product (RFID Tags, RFID Readers, and Middleware), By Frequency, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at:http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/radio-frequency-identification-rfid-technology-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Government and industry specific mandates are expected to play a vital part in the deployment of RFID devices.
- The key focus of industry veterans is RFID tags while emphasis laid on frequency bands and size optimization.
- Numerous research and development activities are being carried out as the industry participants vie for the technological edge.
- The impact of global technology trends, such as Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables, is prominent on the market and is expected to define the industry's direction for the next decade.
- The industry is fragmented in nature and there are several regional and global players operating in the market at various levels of the value chain.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Sapphire Technology Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sapphire-technology-market
- Managed Services Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/managed-services-market
- E-Book Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/e-book-market
- Hydrographic Equipment Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydrographic-equipment-market
Grand View Research has segmented the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology market on the basis of products, frequency, application, and region:
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- RFID Tags
- RFID Readers
- Frequency Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Low Frequency
- High Frequency
- Ultra-high frequency
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Financial Services
- Transport & Logistics
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Other Bar Code News:
- New Digital Magazine For Point-of-Sale and Hospitality Issue
- Epson Showcases New Technology in Commercial Label and Package Printing Demo Center in California
- AIM Presents DotCode Revision for Public Review
- TrackVia and Current, Powered by GE, Announce Partnership
- Intelligent Temperature Datalogger Solution Wins Best New Product at RFID Journal Awards
- Fujitsu Announces Ultra-Thin Washable UHF RFID Fashion Tag “Mini” #RFIDJournal
- RRD to Showcase CustomWave RFID Solutions Powered by Printed Electronics at #RFIDLIVE!
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.