PARIS and NEW YORK, May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, announces 15 winners of the EcoVadis Sustainability Leadership Awards. The awards recognize outstanding sustainability initiatives and performance of companies using the EcoVadis Sustainable Procurement Solution, and supplier sustainability Scorecards and ratings.
Sustainable Procurement Leadership Awards (for Buyer organizations)
EcoVadis recognized three buying organizations:
Best Internal Stakeholder Engagement
Shortlisted nominees: GlaxoSmithKline, Clariant, and SNCF
This awards the best-in-class examples of driving internal engagement to roll out global sustainable procurement programs.
Best Supplier CSR Performance Improvement
Shortlisted nominees: Michelin, L'Oréal, Wacker Chemie
This category recognizes companies demonstrating the highest percentage of suppliers improving in CSR performance and highest average score, based on EcoVadis score points.
Best Supplier Engagement
Winner: Coca-Cola European Partners
Shortlisted nominees: Johnson & Johnson - SNCF - Coca-Cola European Partners
This award recognizes companies demonstrating excellence in engaging suppliers in their sustainable procurement programs.
More details about the awards and criteria can be found on the EcoVadis website.
Winners of "Sustainability Leadership Awards" by evaluated companies:
EcoVadis also recognized 14 companies in two categories of awards, based on EcoVadis Score performance for eligible companies who completed an evaluation in 2016.
Winners of Best Regional performance (in three zones):
- Americas: CORPORACION INMOBILIARIA VESTA SAB DE CV, Group, (Mexico)
- Europe: a draw with two first place winners: GECINA SA Group (France), and STEELCASE SA (France)
- Asia/Africa/Middle-East: ATLINKS HOLDINGS LTD , Group, (Hong Kong).
Best Category performance:
This awards the highest EcoVadis score among companies who completed an EcoVadis assessment in 2016, in each of 9 macro-categories. Winners are:
- Construction (draw)
- Light Manufacturing: STEELCASE SA [FRANCE]
- Wholesale / Tertiary Services: THE SOURCING TEAM LTD [UK]
- Heavy Manufacturing: KAO CORPORATION SA [SPAIN]
- Transport: EUROFLASH DEMENAGEMENT SAS [FRANCE]
- Advanced Manufacturing: SCLE SFE [FRANCE]
- ICT: DCS SA (GROUP) [FRANCE]
"It is a great honor for DCS EASYWARE to receive this award on CSR performance from EcoVadis," said Aurélien Brusset, Head of CSR, Sustainability and Quality. "This encourages us to go even further in our conviction that one of the greatest ambitions of our time is to contribute to influencing behaviors and actions inside and outside the company towards the development of a more responsible and sustainable world."
- Food & Beverage: SVZ INTERNATIONAL BV (GROUP) [NETHERLANDS]
- Finance / Legal / Consulting / Advertising: GECINA SA (GROUP) [FRANCE]
"EcoVadis is thrilled to recognize and congratulate these winners for their leadership in embracing sustainable business," said Pierre-Francois Thaler, Co-CEO of EcoVadis. "They truly put into action the spirit of sustainability as an engine of value creation throughout the supply chain, and set great examples for other CSR and procurement practitioners to learn from."
EcoVadis is the first collaborative platform providing sustainability ratings and performance improvement tools for global supply chains. EcoVadis' easy-to-use CSR scorecards help companies to monitor suppliers' environmental, ethical, and social practices across 150 purchasing categories and 110 countries. Over 150 industry leaders such as Nestlé, GSK, Heineken, Michelin, Johnson & Johnson, Schneider Electric, L'Oréal, BASF, and Subway, and over 30,000 of their trading partners use EcoVadis to reduce risk and drive sustainability and innovation. Learn more at www.ecovadis.com, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Other Bar Code News:
- EcoVadis Announces Winners of First-Ever Sustainability Leadership Awards
- Global Student RFID Tracking Market - Key Drivers and Forecast from Technavio
- ScanSource Named Distributor of the Year by Honeywell in Central and South America Region
- AIM Case Study Competition - 2017 Nomination Period Now Open
- TrueCommerce Announces New Architectural Design and User Interface on Cloud Based Manager
- Honeywell Files ITC Complaint Against Code Corp. for Bar Code Patent Infringement
- Pepsi is Putting Snapchat Barcodes on Millions of Soda Bottles