TOLLAND, Conn., July 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- With technology buzzing around the industry, Gerber announces the finalists of the technology focused student competition for ideation 2017. "The 5 finalists, out of more than 50 entries, were chosen after careful consideration by a global panel of industry professionals," said Elizabeth King, VP, digital solutions community and ecosystem at Gerber Technology.
Submitted applications came from 8 schools across the nation. In no particular order, the 5 finalists selected are:
- Alea Khan from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) who submitted an athletic jacket featuring a light up navigation system.
- Kara Rainey from Oklahoma State University (OSU) who submitted a coat blending traditional felting techniques with modern laser cutting.
- Hojun Lee from the FIT who submitted a men's jacket utilizing digital printing and unconventional materials.
- Kira Brown from Fanshawe College who submitted a dress with a laser cut leather bodice.
- Linda Jean Baptiste from the FIT who submitted a motorcycle jacket combining waterproofing, wind repelling, abrasion resistance, and moisture control for the plus size woman.
"Through the incorporation of technology that has shaped their generation, we are encouraging our future leaders to push the limits of design. The designers and their creations will debut at ideation 2017 during a fashion show on November 3rd. Conference attendees will vote for the best overall garment to win the grand prize," continued King. "Gerber is passionate about providing the technology to make it easy for anyone in the world to design, produce and sell great products."
Ideation is the premier software conference dedicated to fashion and retail professionals who rely on Gerber's end-to-end Digital Solutions to integrate software like YuniquePLM® and the AccuMark® family of products to seamlessly transfer data across the supply chain – driving smart machines and feeding back information through IoT, allowing companies to automate their entire process. Streamlining the data and workflows provides insight, brings products to market faster, minimizes costs and ensures quality for Gerber customers.
Ideation will take place on November 1-3 at the Sheraton Universal Studios in Los Angeles, California. For more information, visit www.gerbertechnology.com/ideation/
About Gerber Technology
Gerber Technology delivers industry-leading software and automation solutions that help apparel and industrial customers improve their manufacturing and design processes and more effectively manage and connect the supply chain, from product development and production to retail and the end customer. Gerber serves 78,000 customers in 130 countries, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies in apparel and accessories, home and leisure, transportation, packaging and sign and graphics.
Based in Connecticut in the USA, Gerber Technology is owned by AIP, a New York-based, global private equity firm specializing in the technology sector and has more than $3.0 billion assets under management. Visit www.gerbertechnology.com for more information.
Other Barcode News:
- EMVCo Publishes QR Code Payment Specifications to Promote Global Interoperability
- Zebra Study Reveals One-Half of Manufacturers Globally to Adopt Wearable Tech by 2022
- ADS Solutions Welcomes Admiral Consulting Group to Its Channel Partner Program
- LINXENS : Wire Embedding Technology Dispute Resolution
- Bon-Ton Stores Improve Customer Experience and Sales Efficiency with Zebra RFID Technology
- 1 Billion 802.15.4 Annual Units in 2022, Says ON World
- Wilbert Funeral Services Utilizes NOVAtime’s Flexible Data Collection/Time Tracking Options
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.