TORONTO, Oct. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - Metro Supply Chain Group Inc. ("Metro") announced today that longtime distribution executive Martin Street has accepted an offer to join the company in the role of Business Lead, U.S., Automotive and Specialist Sectors. Mr. Street, who is now based in Atlanta, Georgia, has held senior level positions in the UK and North American supply chain industry for over twenty years. He was senior VP, Distribution at Tibbett & Britten in 2004 when it was acquired by Exel and, most recently, served as president and CEO of US-based parts and accessories distributor Stag-Parkway.
"Martin has the comprehensive, broad-based distribution experience that companies need to navigate today's challenges," says Metro Group President Martin Graham. "It's very much about building the right team for the right job and that's the kind of insight he brings to the table."
Metro Supply Chain Group has been actively expanding the North American client base for its signature brand of premium logistics. In August, the company closed a deal to acquire long-standing U.S. fulfillment pioneer, National Fulfillment Services, of Aston, Pennsylvania.
About Metro Supply Chain Group
The Metro Supply Chain Group of Companies is a Canadian-owned leading provider of third-party logistics (3PL) services across North America and Europe with more than 5,000 associates in the team. It supplies customized services to all industries with a significant presence in the consumer packaged goods, retail, automotive, fashion and e-commerce sectors. The Group manages over 11 million sq. ft. of strategically located warehousing and co-pack centers and has transportation solutions that include managed transport services, dedicated fleet management and global time critical logistics response. For more information, visit metroscg.com.
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 8th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine here
Other Barcode News:
- Radial Opens New Fulfillment Center in California, and Plans to Bring on 950 More Workers
- Inxeption Launches New Software Platform to Enable “Product Centric” m-commerce
- AIM Named Innovation Award Winner at 2017 Label Industry Global Awards Gala
- Honeywell To Showcase Mobile Solutions to Drive Supply Chain Efficiencies
- RF Technologies Seeks Partners with Low Voltage Installation Resources Nationwide
- 4R Systems Selects Marsha Shapiro as Senior Vice President of Product Management
- Multi-Platform Cloud Options Continue to Expand Capabilities
- MultiTech Awarded 2017 Smart Grid Product of the Year Award
- Identiv Brings Government-Grade, Low-Cost, Power over Ethernet Access Control to the Edge
- Zaplox Expands Mobile Key Services Partnership With SkiStar Under Newly Signed Agreement