LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Oct. 4, 2017 –Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today announced the next generation of thermal desktop and mobile printers 35 years after introducing its first barcode printer known as the “Zebra® Printer”. The new printers are enabled by Print DNA™, a software suite of applications, utilities and developer tools. Zebra’s new ZD420/ZD620 thermal transfer desktop printers, ZQ320 Series mid-range mobile printers and Print DNA software suite together help companies sense and analyze the status and performance of their printer fleet in real time. The new line of barcode printers and printer software deliver a superior printing experience through better performance, simplified remote management and easier integration.
- As part of the extended Zebra DNA capabilities, the company is introducing Print DNA - a suite of software capabilities, applications and tools powered by the intelligent Link-OS® environment. Print DNA is comprised of visibility, productivity, development and management tools that differentiate the enterprise capabilities of Zebra mobile, desktop and industrial printers.
- Print DNA enables businesses to easily install and upgrade next-generation printers into existing network infrastructures, integrate new technologies, allow for cloud connectivity and provide a common, customizable platform for custom application solution development.
- Both the ZD420 and ZD620 “smart” thermal printers are designed with simplicity of use in mind and provide best-in-class print speeds while maintaining premium print quality for fast-paced retail, healthcare and manufacturing environments. The printers also provide businesses with features that include multiple connectivity options and backwards-compatibility with legacy Zebra desktop printers to help best meet the user’s needs.
- The ZD420 and ZD620 offer an intuitive user interface with LED status icons so users can save time and easily see what’s needed to keep printers up and running, from resolving printer issues to replenishing media. The ZD620 is available with an optional keypad user interface for easy configuration and a color LCD display that clearly indicates printer status and errors for the immediate resolution of issues.
- The ZQ320 Series mid-range mobile printer offers both receipt and label capabilities along with enhanced wireless connectivity, battery and power management options. Designed to meet customer needs, a stylish option is available for customer-facing retail applications while a more industrial option is ideal for transportation and logistics, manufacturing and government applications.
- In addition, the ZQ320 family of printers offer the industry’s first Bluetooth Printer Management solution as part of Print DNA. This enables businesses to update, monitor and troubleshoot their Bluetooth-connected printers in real-time with an Android™ device and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution.
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Bar Code News (www.barcode.com), now in its 8th year, does not sell software, hardware, bar code products or services. Use the links on the left side menu to find the products or services you need. Want to reach us? See the links on the Footer menu below. Please let vendors know you’ve seen them here.
Check out the latest Bar Code Digital magazine here
Other Barcode News:
- No-Cost iPhone & iPad App Sakura@QR Makes Reading QR Codes and Barcodes Fast & Easy
- Highland Brewery Taps SkuBrain for Better Forecasting and Inventory Optimization
- APPLIED IMAGE Announces a NEW Conformance Calibration Standard Test Card
- Longbow Advantage adds Don Rigdon as SVP of Services
- Cytellix Provides Compliance-Based Cybersecurity Services to Manufacturers Nationwide
- Radley Provides End-to-End RFID Solution
- StarShip Shipping Software for Acumatica Announces 2017 Platinum Acumatica Sponsorship
- Metro Supply Chain Group Appoints New U.S. Business Lead
- Radial Opens New Fulfillment Center in California, and Plans to Bring on 950 More Workers
- Inxeption Launches New Software Platform to Enable “Product Centric” m-commerce
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.