Los Angeles, CA (Oct. 31, 2017)—Sentry Control Systems, America’s leading provider of parking technology, announced today that it has completed the design and installation of the world’s most advanced frictionless parking technology suite at Westfield Century City in Los Angeles. The frictionless parking suite includes SKIDATA parking accesses and revenue control technology, parking guidance technology, license plate recognition (LPR) technology, SKIDATA management software, the cloud-based Sweb.validation system, and advanced parking reservation technology.
Westfield Century City’s new parking technology suite is an important part of the destination’s overall $1 billion modernization and delivers extraordinary convenience and an unmatched customer experience. Parking is now completely ticketless and cash-free for anyone who registers for Westfield’s new Smart Parking service (available via a one-time download of the Westfield App). This service allows visitors to the shopping center to forgo the need to wait in any line to pay parking fees upon leaving. Instead, they can just sail out of the exit lane and get thanked for their visit (with parking fees automatically charged to the credit card registered on their Smart Parking account).
“This frictionless parking suite represents the future of parking,” said Seth Shurtleff, Vice President of Business Development of Sentry Control Systems. “Westfield Century City’s customers now enjoy the most convenient parking experience imaginable. It’s literally hands-free. Because of this frictionless parking suite, customers can be assured of always finding parking, and they just breeze in and out of parking without giving it a thought.”
Westfield Century City’s frictionless parking suite also includes other advanced conveniences. For example, as part of the property’s new Reserved Parking service, shoppers are now able to reserve specific parking spaces prior to visiting the property, with parking guidance technology directing them to the specific space they have reserved. As is the case for Smart Parking, license plate recognition technology identifies the visitor’s vehicle and forwards that information to the payment software – thereby enabling the system to bill a credit card already registered on file.
“This was an extremely complex project,” said Shurtleff. “Westfield has always striven to provide the most convenient and pleasant shopping experience, and that commitment includes parking. With the installation of this technology package, they have succeeded marvelously.”
Other Barcode News:
- CSL Launches Affordable CS108 Bluetooth® RFID Mobile Reader with Best in Class Read Range
- Cognex Promotes Sheila DiPalma to Senior Vice President and Corporate Officer
- Scanbuy SmartLabel Implementation For Both Consumer Engagement and Logistical Support
- Arçelik A.Ş. Heralded as Corporate Responsibility Leader in Prestigious European Supply Management
- Global RFID Tags Market for Agriculture Application Report 2017-2021 with Alien Technology
- Radio Frequency Identification Devices Market Key Players, Radiant
- Loftware Spectrum® 3.5 Introduces Business Intelligence to Enterprise Labeling
- Socket Mobile Reports Profitable Growth for the Third Quarter and Nine Months
- APICS Logistics Credential Quickly Surpasses 1000 Certifications
- AIM NA Releases Position Statements on AIDC in the Public Sector
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.