NEWARK, Calif., Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Socket Mobile, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCKT), a leading innovator of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity, is announcing the expansion of the DuraScan product line to include a 2D scanner in a highly durable design. The D740 is a 2D barcode scanner with the price of a 1D barcode scanner.
The DuraScan D740 was designed to be a durable barcode scanner with an IP54-rated outer casing, meant to withstand tougher environments, fulfill the demands of 1D and 2D barcode scanning, and appeal to a tighter budget. Following the DuraScan line of colors, the D740 is available in construction orange, safety green or utility gray. (Learn more about the D740)
"Socket Mobile recognizes the advantages and demand for 2D barcode scanners, but understands the typical 2D imager carries an intimidating price. The D740 is intended to break the mold and be the affordable 2D option available in the market," said Kevin Mills, President and Chief Executive Officer.
In addition, Socket Mobile is previewing the new SocketScan series of mobile Bluetooth barcode scanners at NRF 2018. On January 14-16, come visit Teamwork Retail's booth (#723) as Socket Mobile offers a sneak peek of our new SocketScan series – a versatile barcode scanner series that will revive the workplace with reimagined design, functionality and an inspired color palette. (Click here for more information).
About Socket Mobile
Socket Mobile is a leading provider of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity in workforce mobilization. Socket Mobile's revenue is primarily driven by the deployment of third party barcode enabled mobile applications that integrate Socket Mobile's cordless barcode scanners and contactless reader/writers. Mobile Applications servicing the specialty retailer, field service, transportation, and manufacturing markets are the primary revenue drivers. Socket Mobile has a network of thousands of developers who use its software developer tools to add sophisticated data capture to their mobile applications. Socket Mobile is headquartered in Newark, Calif. and can be reached at +1-510-933-3000 or www.socketmobile.com. Follow Socket Mobile on Facebook and Twitter @socketmobile and subscribe to SocketTalk the company's official blog.
Other Barcode News
- Code Files ITC Complaint Against Honeywell
- #NRF18: Zebra Helps Retailers Meet Omnichannel Demands And Strengthen Store Operations
- 4R Systems Presents Suite of Supply Chain Solutions at #NRF18
- Roskill’s Battery Supply Chain Europe Conference 2018 Market Driven by Raw Materials
- ScanSource Announces Appointment of General Counsel | Business Wire
- New Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Label Simplifies Retail Checkout & Reduces Product Shrink
- Softeon to Feature Integrated Supply Chain Planning and WMS at #NRF18
- ISA welcomes Brian Curtis as its 2018 Society President
- Top Retail Brands Worldwide Adopting RAIN RFID
- Cashier Survey Reveals Widespread Problems Scanning Barcode Labels
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews