New York, NY, January 15 2018 – Today, at the National Retail Federation’s Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, announced that two liner-free label media from Iconex, a leading global provider of receipt and label solutions, have been added to Epson’s “tested” media list for its TM-L90 Plus liner- free compatible (LFC) thermal label printers. Use of these tested labels in the Epson TM-L90 Plus LFC printers gives hospitality merchants and retailers the confidence that print quality, print head life and warranty coverage will be maintained.
Epson’s TM-L90 Plus LFC receipt printers combined with the Iconex “9016-3777" 40mm X 270ft Iconex Sticky Media Extreme and "9023-1873" 40mm X 270ft Iconex Sticky Media Full Tack tested labels, allows QSRs, restaurants, delis and groceries to benefit from liner-free repositionable labeling as well as receipt printing for a variety of applications involving to-go orders, drive-thru, drinks, food package labeling, food preparation in the kitchen, kiosks, etc. The joint solution enables these customers to quickly print order details and add appropriate labels to orders so food service operators can easily ensure that the right order is delivered to the right consumer, improving order accuracy and efficiencies. In addition, they can leverage the Epson TM-L90 Plus-i LFC receipt printer’s integrated food freshness applications for maintaining food freshness and the Epson TM-L90 Plus-i KDS for Kitchen Display System Control.
“Iconex is the leader in Sticky Media at point-of-sale and we are dedicated to developing innovative label solutions that evolve the way our customers do business,” said Craig Gunckel, CEO of Iconex. “Epson’s TM-L90 Plus LFC receipt printer is the perfect solution for restaurants as it allows the food preparer to quickly and accurately label ingredients. This supports our strategy of transforming our clients’ processes so they can drive profitability, productivity and customer satisfaction.”
“Epson’s goal is to enable partners, such as Iconex, to create amazing customer experiences,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management & technical services, Business Systems Division, Epson America. “Our joint solution is beneficial for a number of essential hospitality applications—it improves productivity and order accuracy, which leads to shorter lines and increases revenue.”
Epson TM-L90 Plus LFC Features
- Cost-effective liner-free label printing for QSRs, food service and retail
- Built-in USB for flexible connectivity
- For use with Epson Tested Media
- Fast printing speeds of up to 170mm/sec for receipts and 90mm/sec for LFC labels
- Special print options reduce paper usage up to 30%
- Ideal for MRD food freshness applications (TM-L90 Plus-i LFC)
- Integrated Kitchen Display Controller (TM-L90 Plus-i KDS)
- Low power consumption
- One-year limited warranty
Based in Duluth, GA, Iconex is the leading low-cost provider of paper receipt and differentiated label solutions essential to daily commerce. A tradition of innovation dating back to 1887 is weaved into the fabric of Iconex’s identity beginning with the company’s invention of the paper receipt which revolutionized business transactions. Most recently, Iconex transformed the industry with the introduction of its Iconex Sticky Media™, a product that has enabled the Quick Service Restaurant industry to streamline operations, leading to an improved customer experience. For more information, please visit www.iconex.com
About Epson America, Inc.
Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. For over 40 years, Epson’s advanced technology has been at work in millions of POS systems around the world. Today Epson’s Business Systems Division continues to bring industry-leading, open architecture, smart technologies to the point of service.
Other Barcode News
- Smartrac Showcases What the ‘Internet of Your Things’ Has in Store #nrf18
- HighJump Unveils Support for Seller Fulfilled Prime at #NRF2018
- #NRF18: NCR Maintains Momentum in Transforming the Retail Experience
- Ditto Smart Hanger Technology Provides All-In-One Retail Solution
- Electronic shelf label (ESL) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 23.98%
- Citizen Launches New Point-of-Sale, Barcode and Mobility products at #NRF18
- Diebold Nixdorf Names Brewer To Lead Its Global Retail Business
- Gains Membership in Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA)
- Law Firm Makes Case for Process Automation using FlowForma BPM
- LG Innotek offers the future of Retail IoT solution #NRF18