READING, Pa., Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Penske Logistics has gained entry into the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) as a corporate member.
"We've joined BiTA to take part in better understanding the benefits of blockchain for our customers and to be a part of crafting the standard framework in the development and implementation of blockchain technology," stated Andy Moses, Penske Logistics senior vice president of global products.
Penske Logistics sees potential blockchain benefits for its customers operating in the manufacturing, food, beverage sectors as well as other industries.
Benefits may be achieved by further digitizing and securing supply chain and logistics processes, improving order accuracy, as well as tracking physical assets like vehicles, trailers, trucks, or containers and securing freight bill pay and audit transactions across Penske's extensive freight brokerage and dedicated carriage operations.
According to the recent 2018 Third-Party Logistics Study, 30 percent of 3PLs and 16 percent of shippers surveyed see blockchain as a potential application, yet most have yet to engage with the technology. The study also describes anticipated benefits including improved supply chain visibility and potential challenges that participants will face in implementing blockchain. The study is accessible at no cost by visiting www.3PLStudy.com.
Penske Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Other Barcode News
- Smartrac Showcases What the ‘Internet of Your Things’ Has in Store #nrf18
- #NRF18: NCR Maintains Momentum in Transforming the Retail Experience
- Ditto Smart Hanger Technology Provides All-In-One Retail Solution
- Electronic shelf label (ESL) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 23.98%
- Citizen Launches New Point-of-Sale, Barcode and Mobility products at #NRF18
- Diebold Nixdorf Names Brewer To Lead Its Global Retail Business
- Law Firm Makes Case for Process Automation using FlowForma BPM
- LG Innotek offers the future of Retail IoT solution #NRF18
- EdiFabric Were Placed on Top 20 Most Popular EDI Software Report
- Socket Mobile Expands the DuraScan Line -- D740 Lower Price 2D Barcode Scanner
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews