New York, NY (Jan. 15, 2018) — Avery Dennison, a global leader in materials science and manufacturing specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials, is offering new innovations for end-to-end solutions in the food-retail sector at the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 2018 Expo (Booth 1633). The company is enabling food safety assurance and real-time inventory data and, under its growing Freshmarx® brand, has engineered an array of products and services for food preparation and quick serve needs in the convenience store, grocery, and restaurant spaces.
Avery Dennison is leveraging its expertise in intelligent labeling to provide innovative solutions for the food-retail industry. The company’s RFID technology, which provides 99 percent inventory accuracy in apparel retail and other industries, including pharmaceuticals and aviation, is now being applied to meet the evolving demands of the food industry.
“At Avery Dennison, we strive to deliver comprehensive, scalable and reliable solutions that solve problems and improve business processes,” said Ryan Yost, general manager, Printer Solutions, Avery Dennison. “Through great client partnerships, we’re able to innovate our learnings so our products help customers drive more efficient, automated operations, achieve greater compliance and increase profitability.”
Intelligent Labeling Solutions for the Food Industry
Through its intelligent labeling solutions, Avery Dennison’s Freshmarx® solutions solve food-industry challenges related to food safety, efficiency and profitability, providing hardware, software, labels, applications and service toward automating cooler temperature monitoring, ingredient-prep and prepared-food labeling and enabling RFID inventory visibility for restaurant, grocery and convenience stores. The company will showcase its food-industry innovations at its NRF EXPO booth, including:
- Freshmarx® Temp Tracking - Freshmarx® solutions now include new temperature-tracking, with sensors placed in cold storage units that monitor and pull temperature information, accessible on demand via smart device, remotely by app, and onsite. If the refrigerated device goes out-of-range, the user is notified and can take immediate action to address the issue and salvage potentially lost food, get the device back to safe temperature range, or service the malfunctioning unit. Avery Dennison’s Freshmarx® Temp Tracking solution enables improved food safety and health-code compliance, and automated, accurate temperature monitoring to improve operational efficiencies.
- Microwave Safe UHF RFID Label - In the changing landscape of food consumption, concerns such as health and wellness, food safety, social impact and experience, are quickly becoming important factors, as revealed by Deloitte’s “Consumer Food Value Equation” 2016. To help address some of these issues, Avery Dennison is launching its first microwave safe UHF RFID tag, bringing to fruition a long-held desire for a true end-to-end solution for the food industry. This microwave safe UHF RFID inlay is designed specifically for the food industry, avoiding arcing or excessive heating when used as recommended if subjected to a microwave environment, ensuring food safety and compliance.
The food industry benefits from visibility into inventory— not only to ensure food safety, but also to decrease food waste and avoid the inconvenience of running out of items— and regulators, retailers and consumers are demanding greater compliance and taking action against those who can’t provide it. Avery Dennison’s intelligent labeling solutions allow for greater and more efficient automation starting with the supply chain.
In addition, showcasing food-industry solutions in its NRF EXPO booth, Avery Dennison will also present intelligent labeling that is changing the game for other retail sectors, including apparel, footwear, and beauty.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials, and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016.
About Avery Dennison Printer Solutions
Avery Dennison Printer Solutions responds to the unique challenges of businesses in the food, retail and fulfillment markets. Its solutions are rooted in efficiency, cost savings, food safety and sustainability through intelligent innovations that solve business problems and improve business processes.
Other Barcode News
- #NRF18 - Shelfbucks and WestRock Partner on Data-Driven Merchandising Platform
- Epson Adds Two Iconex Media Solutions to its List of Tested Media for TM-L90 Plus
- Smartrac Showcases What the ‘Internet of Your Things’ Has in Store #nrf18
- HighJump Unveils Support for Seller Fulfilled Prime at #NRF2018
- #NRF18: NCR Maintains Momentum in Transforming the Retail Experience
- Ditto Smart Hanger Technology Provides All-In-One Retail Solution
- Electronic shelf label (ESL) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 23.98%
- Citizen Launches New Point-of-Sale, Barcode and Mobility products at #NRF18
- Diebold Nixdorf Names Brewer To Lead Its Global Retail Business
- Gains Membership in Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA)
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.