Commits to Sending Less Than One Percent of Waste to Landfills
LAKE VILLA, Ill., Feb. 6, 2018 – By its very nature, the label manufacturing process can produce a fair amount of waste, from set-up material and edge trim to matrix and container waste. Unfortunately, it’s estimated that 85 percent of label industry-specific waste is sent to landfills each year.
As one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of custom barcode labels, ID Label is furthering its commitment to green manufacturing practices.
“We take our responsibility to the environment very seriously,” said Neil Johnston, ID Label’s president and CEO. “I’m proud to say that we’re committed to sending less than one percent of our waste to landfills.”
Converting Waste to Energy
ID Label has teamed with Convergen Energy, a manufacturer of alternative fuels and power for sustainable business.
ID Label produces more than 500 tons of waste each year. By working with Convergen, that waste is converted into alternative energy—fuel pellets—which can be used as a substitute for coal, gas and other fossil fuels.
“What’s exciting about this program is that we’re not just greatly reducing landfill waste,” Johnston said. “We’re also reducing our carbon footprint by contributing to sustainable alternative fuel sources that are much cleaner and eco-friendly.”
Advantages of Fuel Pellets
- Cleaner and more cost-effective than traditional fuels
- Significant reduction in air emissions
- Classified as non-waste fuel by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
ID Label “LEEDS” by Example
ID Label’s Lake Villa manufacturing facility is also LEED certified by the Green Building Council. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings.
“LEED facilities like ours save energy, water and resources, they generate less waste and, ultimately, help support human health,” Johnston said.
About ID Label Inc.
Since 1994, ID Label has been one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of custom, variable-information barcode labels and asset tags. The company’s solutions are used by thousands of global organizations to keep their businesses moving with efficiency, speed and accuracy. Our expert sales consultants are passionate about working with our customers to provide smart ideas and innovative products. With the industry's most advanced digital technology footprint, we provide custom design engineering, production, signage and installation services for organizations in the warehousing, supply chain, manufacturing, electronics, calibration, library, laboratory and other markets. To learn more, visit www.idlabelinc.com.
More bar code news:
- ScanSource Reports Record Quarterly Sales
- Hospitals Adopt Bar Code Automated Central Pharmacy System For Medication Inventory Management
- Track and Trace Solutions Market Worth 3.93 Billion USD by 2023
- North Carolina’s New Hanover County ABC Board Expands Adoption of Age ID Scanner
- Terso Expands Manufacturing Capabilities To Meet Growing Adoption Of Rain RFID Solutions
- TAKE Supply Chain To Host Supply Chain Orchestration Webinar On February 15
- Certified-4G LTE Mobile Solution with Integrated RFID and IoT support
- Avery Dennison Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Results
- Auction App Using Barcode Shatters Industry Sales Record in 2017
- Zebra Technologies Press Conference - Sports Technology
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews