SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Code, an industry leader in image-based barcode reading technology, is very excited to announce that their CortexDecoder is the first "soft scanning" technology to be chosen for use with Epic's mobile application, Rover, for iOS devices. CortexDecoder will allow Rover users to read barcodes with their mobile device camera, eliminating the need for dedicated barcode scanning hardware. With the ability to decode barcodes simply by using the built-in camera of a mobile device, a hospital can now choose to upgrade to the latest iOS devices on the market faster than ever before.
Epic, utilizing the CortexDecoder, is among the first of the major HIS vendors to offer mobile software decoding. Nurses, who make up the majority of clinicians that perform BCMA and POC documentation, now have options beyond traditional barcode readers. This flexible decoding solution maximizes the iOS device choices available for hospitals that are considering a mobile enterprise. "We expect that customers will begin to see the impact on their enterprise rather quickly as they recognize cost savings and high adoption rates along with the freedom that comes with device options and faster upgrade cycles," said Daria Cuda, Healthcare Alliance Manager at Code.
"Our vision at Code is to make products and solutions that make workflows easier and add more accuracy to data capture initiatives," said George Powell, CEO of Code. "Incorporating CortexDecoder into Epic Rover is a revolutionary step for the healthcare industry and we are thrilled that our decoding software is a part of it."
Healthcare systems that are interested in CortexDecoder for Epic Rover should contact Code to pilot the scanning functionality or purchase licenses for their mobile devices. The CortexDecoder functionality is currently available for iOS devices running Epic Rover 6.0 or higher and Epic Server 2017 or higher.
Code is a technology leader in image-based barcode reading solutions. Code designs and manufactures a complete line of image-based barcode reading hardware and software solutions to enhance productivity and exceed customers' expectations for superior barcode reading performance, ergonomic design, equipment durability, and seamless integration with their operations. Code's products are used in critical applications in healthcare, public safety, manufacturing, transportation, retail, and a range of other diverse industries. www.codecorp.com
- Investments in Real-time Tracking Technologies Steer the US Transportation and Logistics Market
- Checkpoint Adds To line of Specialized Anti-Theft Eyewear Tags for Retailers
- Marc Wulfraat has been named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive's “Pros to Know” List 2018
- Bluebird Showcasing Integrated Business Solution BOS™ at EuroCIS 2018
- RFID Tracking For Medical Devices (UK) Terso Partners with Ingenica
- GAO RFID Introduces a New 13.56 MHz RFID Handheld Reader Module Kit
- Blue Willow Systems’ RFID Technology Transforms Remote Monitoring e-Call Systems
- Bixolon Names Bluestar Distributor of the Year
- Smartrac Appoints Dinesh Dhamija as Chief Technology Officer
- Digimarc Reports 4th Quarter Results
- Zebra Releases Q4 2017 Financial Results